Cococay Cabanas

3 hours ago, ptod said:

were told that cabanas were now being assigned based on reservation date.

Reservation date as when you reserved your cabin, or you purchased the cabana?

I booked my cabana when I reserved back in Sept 2018.  I am sure there were others that probably booked out in 2017, and waited for a sale @ Black Friday, months after me..  Thus, in my scenario if I booked later than the other, but purchased prior to them,, where do I stand from priority?  Is it cabin reservations, or cabana reservation that is considered priority.

If it is the cabana date than I am really not concerned, but if it the cruise reservation, than I am going to be upset with the change.  

3 hours ago, ptod said:

There is no need for water shoes in the water at the cabana area, however, I found it easier to walk in the sand with water shoes on than wearing sandals or going barefoot.  ymmv

I agree with others, the sand is very fine., but than again I am a woman.  Walking in very fine sand is the best pedicure you can ever get.  My husband on the other hand prefers to wear sandals.   Just because it is one less thing to pack in our bags.

2 hours ago, Karahvacatimes said:

How/when do you chose a specific one?  

If it works the way it has in the past, you can go to the shore excursion desk when you first get on the ship and just tell them that you reserved a cabana and would like to choose which one you will be in. I’ve heard people say to wait until the rooms are open so that you can go up with the voucher/handout that will be left in the room for it but that’s not needed. Just give them your room number and they can look up all needed info. 

37 minutes ago, Gary Donna P said:

How do you choose what cabana you want? We already reserved one for our upcoming trip in January. If I’m able to choose I’d like too?

I believe that you go to shore excursions as soon as you board and select one. Unless they change the procedure with the changes to CocoCay. 

15 minutes ago, Marc Van Niekerk said:

Our Coco Cay Oasis Lagoon Cabana Reservation has a letter G in the Cruise Planner confirmation email.  I was guessing that was the 'number' of the cabana.

image.png.94d289473e7925ce86d43bbcca9f44d6.png 

Not that I know of.  I believe that is just an item number within their system for purchasing.  I have always been told that, as other posters have stated, you need to reserve the actual cabana location once on board.  I know for our reservation we have an alphabet number for Chill Island, but the cabanas are numerical.  Thus, G is just the reservation.  The cabana would be 1,2, 3, etc. and you get that number once you select the cabana on board.

Just now, SpeedNoodles said:

Yeah, my Oasis Lagoon Cabana also has the letter "G" on it.  I'm really looking forward to the reports coming back from people going to the island over the next month or so.

This would likely support that the letter is a grouping for the cabanas and not an assignment. Our Oasis Lagoon is G as well

11 hours ago, psu_john said:

My reservation says Oasis Lagoon Cabanas C.  Right now the Chill Island cabanas are the same price.  Trying to decide if I should switch.

I think it boils down to the question of if you want to spend more time at the pool or beach.

On 4/30/2019 at 2:54 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

Yeah, my Oasis Lagoon Cabana also has the letter "G" on it.  I'm really looking forward to the reports coming back from people going to the island over the next month or so.

On 4/30/2019 at 2:56 PM, Marc Van Niekerk said:

This would likely support that the letter is a grouping for the cabanas and not an assignment. Our Oasis Lagoon is G as well

I would be curious to know the dates for each of your sailings to see if G could be an area/group code or specific cabana code.

In talking with the Shore Excursion staff, it was explained to us that all cabanas are now to be assigned by the date your booked the cabana - not by when you booked the cruise.  If the cabanas are now lettered instead of numbers, it will take some reports to figure out the lettering scheme.  I would volunteer to investigate. ?

On a side note - with the ability to bring music/speakers nearly everywhere on the island, please, please, please be mindful that not everyone wants to hear your music all day.  We had been in our cabana for 30 minutes or so when the guests behind us turned their music on very loud.  I was not going to suffer through that all day (the volume not the genre) so I walked around and asked politely for them to turn it down.  The guests next to the music player thanked me later for saying something as they didn't know what to say or do.  I am glad I got over my fear of saying something a while ago and now I have no trouble asking nicely first then requesting staff to step in if necessary.

On 5/2/2019 at 10:22 PM, psu_john said:

My reservation says Oasis Lagoon Cabanas C.  Right now the Chill Island cabanas are the same price.  Trying to decide if I should switch.

I agree with @Matt  you need to decide which way you want to go.  We booked our July Chill cabana back in late Sept/early Oct.  However, I would add this, there are limited numbers of cabanas.  If you look at my weeks sailing (7/12/19)  Chill is 449 and has been for weeks.  However, if you look at it, it says check on board, iows, it is sold out.    The Oasis Lagoon cabana is going for....wait for it...1049.  Thrill Island Cabana is 931.  The highest I ever saw for Chill was 899 ( I got ours at 449)

My point is  this week it could be the same, next week it might not be.  

Everything that I have been told about cabana locations is that there really isn't a bad location.  RCCL has taken care to make sure they are prime spots.

@ptod

Unfortunately my TA is doing a Trans Atlantic cruise on Disney this week, so I will have to wait to see if what the RCCL reps are saying is true until she comes back...she too deserves a vacation with her family.  As stated I purchased this many moons ago, actually the day I reserved my cabin through her.  I looked on my cruise planner and I have no letter associated with my reservation, just my reservation number.  Hence, now I am curious to see if in her details she has a letter associated with our cabana.

@jaullram hi! Thanks for responding on “amenities”. Omg, we are kind of depending on the” cabana attendant” & “private locker” and “USB outlet”  Calling RC now. Paid 549 for this Chill Island Cabana& expect what is noted as an amenities are provided. Mobility issues& was expecting to have water bottles filled, excetera as well as an extra gratuity for the personal service.

21 hours ago, RTripp said:

@jaullram hi! Thanks for responding on “amenities”. Omg, we are kind of depending on the” cabana attendant” & “private locker” and “USB outlet”  Calling RC now. Paid 549 for this Chill Island Cabana& expect what is noted as an amenities are provided. Mobility issues& was expecting to have water bottles filled, excetera as well as an extra gratuity for the personal service.

As for the Cabana attendant, we didn't see one but things may have changed now that the island is fully opened.  There was someone there when we first got there that gave us our towels so maybe she could get you things. As I said, I didn't see a private locker and USB outlet but it does say it in the description so my guess it is likely in one of the wicker tables?  There was a cooler full of waters and when we wanted more we went to the bar.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2019 at 10:12 AM, Matt said:

I think it boils down to the question of if you want to spend more time at the pool or beach.

On 5/6/2019 at 12:47 PM, Pima1988 said:

I agree with @Matt  you need to decide which way you want to go.  We booked our July Chill cabana back in late Sept/early Oct.  However, I would add this, there are limited numbers of cabanas.  If you look at my weeks sailing (7/12/19)  Chill is 449 and has been for weeks.  However, if you look at it, it says check on board, iows, it is sold out.    The Oasis Lagoon cabana is going for....wait for it...1049.  Thrill Island Cabana is 931.  The highest I ever saw for Chill was 899 ( I got ours at 449)

My point is  this week it could be the same, next week it might not be.  

Everything that I have been told about cabana locations is that there really isn't a bad location.  RCCL has taken care to make sure they are prime spots.

@ptod

Unfortunately my TA is doing a Trans Atlantic cruise on Disney this week, so I will have to wait to see if what the RCCL reps are saying is true until she comes back...she too deserves a vacation with her family.  As stated I purchased this many moons ago, actually the day I reserved my cabin through her.  I looked on my cruise planner and I have no letter associated with my reservation, just my reservation number.  Hence, now I am curious to see if in her details she has a letter associated with our cabana.

Just a follow up, after seeing where the cabanas are supposed to be set up at the pool, I ended up switching from an Oasis to a Chill Island cabana.  I think I'll like the pool but, being just my wife & I, I think the peace of Chill Island will be preferable.  And, according to the confirmation e-mail, I'm still a "C".  I think I'm still going to swing by the excursion desk once we're on board to see what the situation is regarding picking/assignment.

To follow up on I

srated included “amenities” Chill Island Cabana. I emailed RC the request for pictures USB outlet, pictures and size of private  combination locker and such. Emailed response they would get back to me, it’s been two weeks.

My Perfect Day will be the day after Thanksgiving this year.  We have decided to splurge on a cabana and are thinking Chill Island.  Unfortunately the cruise planner indicates booking is unavailable and indicates I should check onboard.

is there any way to secure a cabana ahead of time?  This is a YOLO Cruise for us and I really want to lock in the cabana ahead of time.

47 minutes ago, Larry Muster said:

is there any way to secure a cabana ahead of time?  This is a YOLO Cruise for us and I really want to lock in the cabana ahead of time.

Keep checking back regularly to see if one becomes available in the cruise planner.  This is the only way to reserve a cabana ahead of time.  If you are unable to get one you can go to the shore excursions desk immediately when you board and ask to get on the wait list for one, but chances are very slim that one will end up being available. 

November of this year is a very short timeframe before your sailing relative to when the itineraries are released (often nearly two years in advance!) so all of the cabanas are probably booked for right now.  If someone cancels it will be released back to the cruise planner for booking. 

Pay attention to the 90-day out date and make sure to constantly check then as people who miss final payment on their cruise or cancel their cruise may release cabanas back into the inventory as well.

Hi, We had Cabana's number 11 and 12 for our cruise in May on Marner of the Seas. I was worried but it was absolutely perfect! The snorkeling in front of this area is nice though they have roped off the really good part that used to be open a few years ago. We had the drink package so our hostess kept us supplied with as many drinks as we wanted and delivered our meals right to the Cabana. It is an easy walk to the shallow water on South Beach where the over water cabanas will be soon. Food was pretty good at the Cabana but you can still walk to the Pavilion and get what you want if the options at the Cabana are not good for you. We really loved it and would highly recommend this. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 10:30 PM, Hbayfield said:

Hi, We had Cabana's number 11 and 12 for our cruise in May on Marner of the Seas. I was worried but it was absolutely perfect! The snorkeling in front of this area is nice though they have roped off the really good part that used to be open a few years ago. We had the drink package so our hostess kept us supplied with as many drinks as we wanted and delivered our meals right to the Cabana. It is an easy walk to the shallow water on South Beach where the over water cabanas will be soon. Food was pretty good at the Cabana but you can still walk to the Pavilion and get what you want if the options at the Cabana are not good for you. We really loved it and would highly recommend this. 

We are going in August. I called RC and asked for more information.  From what they told me they will not provide us with an option to choose a cabana number, even at the desk, you get what you get. The food selection is the same as the Chill Grill, nothing special, is this correct? The OP said they had this huge selection, but they stated it’s not an option any more. We are going for our wedding anniversary and I want something super relaxing. Do you have info since you went after opening day of the new Perfect day? TIA. 

We're on the July 8th Majesty of the Seas so I've been checking the cruise planner.  A few weeks ago, they had daybeds listed and then they went off.  Then this afternoon, daybeds & cabanas were "there" but listed as something that must be reserved once on board.  Now they are gone again.  With the closure of South Beach area (and those related cabanas), I'm guessing that pushed folks that wanted to rent those over to Chill Island, etc.  

We have some OBC to use so I was hoping to snag one once onboard, but with inventory in shorter supply, I'm guessing it won't happen.  Will just have to see I guess!

Hell, just went to CocoCay on Monday via HOTS. There are now I think 20 cabanas, the numberd layout is out of date. 1 thru 10 in “ front” staggered 11 thru 20 in “back”. ALL of the Chill  Island cabanas has a nice ocean view. We were second in line at excursion desk on 1st day to pick a cabana location, NO GO. RC assigned all the cabanas. I had walkinh issues & requested a secific spot, they would not change.  There is NOT a “ locking lid combination”, there is not a speaker, some might be available upon request. There is NOT a special menue to order lunch from. The cabana attendant  does get drinks, but not your food. I noticed lockers behind the jetski/activities desk near cabana/ bathroom/bar. The cabana did have power, 6 towels, 8 evian water bottles on ice.

12 hours ago, RTripp said:

Hell, just went to CocoCay on Monday via HOTS. There are now I think 20 cabanas, the numberd layout is out of date. 1 thru 10 in “ front” staggered 11 thru 20 in “back”. ALL of the Chill  Island cabanas has a nice ocean view. We were second in line at excursion desk on 1st day to pick a cabana location, NO GO. RC assigned all the cabanas. I had walkinh issues & requested a secific spot, they would not change.  There is NOT a “ locking lid combination”, there is not a speaker, some might be available upon request. There is NOT a special menue to order lunch from. The cabana attendant  does get drinks, but not your food. I noticed lockers behind the jetski/activities desk near cabana/ bathroom/bar. The cabana did have power, 6 towels, 8 evian water bottles on ice.

Is the eating area only for cabanas or do we use the same buffet as everyone?  I was hoping for less crowds at meal time.

1 minute ago, Jakejosa said:

Is the eating area only for cabanas or do we use the same buffet as everyone?  I was hoping for less crowds at meal time.

I have heard numerous reports that you have a menu from Snack Shack to order from and they will deliver it to you.  But if you want a real meal and not just snacks, then I think you have to go to the closest buffet place. I think this is a new thing and might take some time to get the details sorted out. At least this is what I have heard, I will for sure report on it later this year when I experience it for myself. Happy Cruising