Cococay Cabanas

We just got back from our cruise on Anthem this past Saturday and I wanted to give those interested e a little information on the Chill Island Cabanas because I couldn't find out much online before we left.

- The cabanas are amazing but there are definitely some that are better than others.  We specifically chose #14 which is at the end so we had less people around us....unfortunately, it had more birds!  The rock wall on the right of the picture is where the seagulls hang out.

- Next time, we would book book Cabana #9, #10 or #11. 

- Cabanas 8 through 14 are in the front row and 1 through 7 are in the back. 

- There are chairs on the left of the cabanas that are for suite guests and it is first come, first serve.

- If you have access to the Chill Island Cabana area (rented a cabana or are in a suite), there is an upgraded lunch buffet.  Our buffet had lamb chops, ribs, chicken, salmon, shrimp and scallop skewers, Maine lobster tails, hamburgers, hot dogs, salads, fruit, cookies, etc.  A lot of food!!

- There is no bathroom area in the cabana area but it isn't that far of a walk

- The beach is roped off for the cabana area 

- The snorkeling right beyond the roped off area was really good.  We saw hundreds of fish of all different types.

If anyone has any questions, let me know!!

image.png.8ba923cf4090ae14649f24d6919eae6b.png

It isn't for suite guests only.  It is for people who booked a cabana (which could be anyone) and it has some chairs that are first come first serve in that area.  Once they are filled up I don't think they allow anyone else in the area as the beach in front of the cabanas was empty and it was implied no one could sit in front of the cabanas.

Saying that, if you look at the map you posted, right under the "C" in Cay is where the cabanas are.  There is a sign when you walk in that says "Chill Island Cabanas" and there was a hut to check in.  Suite guests got to use the lounge chairs.  I am not sure if once it is all done they will move the cabanas because right now there are two rows of them but your picture looks like only one row ad closer to the beach.

10 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

That's the first I've heard of ANYthing reserved for Suites exclusive use.  I thought they had decided not to have any suites-exclusive areas..

Charlie hinted this to me in January but would not come right out and confirm it. I think there is just to much speculation on Coco Cay for the Genie's and Concierge to confirm much.

I asked because I knew we would be there in October.

1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

He hinted about the reserved loungers or that there would be some kind of suites amenities eventually ?

That there would be a suite's only area, comparable to Labadee.

Jaye and I had just been on Labadee and had a cabana, which was my reasoning behind asking him. I had previously looked at a Perfect day map and had not seen any designation.

His hint was that it would be close to the Coco Beach Club and the over the water cabana's, which would be a little further than the ones mentioned in this discussion.

Jaullram,

Did you happen to notice if there is any form of transportation near to the Chill island cabanas?  We are hoping to book one for this fall and my dad has mobility issues.  It sates it is a 5-7 minute walk from the pier which could be an issue as I would imaging a fair bit of that distance is walking in sand.  Thanks!

When you look at this area there have always been loungers close to the bar just on the other side of the rope:

5A3jcGq.jpg

FNtO1Po.jpg

I've often wondered who in a Cabana would use these loungers because each Cabana has loungers right at the cabana.  Why would someone leave their cabana empty to sit over here?

Is this the suite area they are referring to?

Yes, that is the suite area I am referring to - those are apparently for suite guests.

As to the other question about mobility - there is a Chill Island Golf cart that brings you from the end of the pier to the cabanas but it is quite a walk to the end of the pier so that could be an issue if you don't have a wheel chair for your father.

The beach beds are further down the island and have been there for a few years now.  The one real downside to those is the water is so shallow there that there really isn't any good swimming areas.  When we walked down that way the water was only up to peoples knees 30 feet out.  We prefer the cabana area as the snorkeling was amazing and the water was deeper

The Chill Island Cabanas are a pretty short walk.  Basically you leave the cabana area, cross a little sand road (where the shuttles drive), walk past the bathroom and down a path to the pool.  It wasn't far at all.  I didn't walk to the pool from the bungalow area but those did seem further away from the pool. 

We enjoyed the cabana immensely but it really isn't a necessity since there are so many lounge chairs near the water and also at the pool.  If you plan to split your day between pool and ocean then the $500 for the cabana may not be worth it.  Enjoy either way!

Yes, right next to the chairs is why I wouldn't include #8.  It was a lot louder there with people talking and we wanted a nice quiet day.  I honestly wouldn't even mind the back row either as the cabanas were staggered.  Overall, it is a wonderful experience no matter which one anyone ends up with.

Thank you Jaullram, can you elaborate on the “amenities “ included with the Chill Island Cabana? Specifically the  cooler, is only water bottles provided?  What can I plug into” the private speaker,”? will any USB device work? and the combination safe, how large is it, can we stuff phones in it? Any info will help since I do not see much mention of these included amenities that are noted when I purchased. Hi, no response yet, anyone have info to help me on these questions? Thanks!

Edited by RTripp
No response

On 4/8/2019 at 12:56 PM, jaullram said:

We just got back from our cruise on Anthem this past Saturday and I wanted to give those interested e a little information on the Chill Island Cabanas because I couldn't find out much online before we left.

- The cabanas are amazing but there are definitely some that are better than others.  We specifically chose #14 which is at the end so we had less people around us....unfortunately, it had more birds!  The rock wall on the right of the picture is where the seagulls hang out.

- Next time, we would book book Cabana #9, #10 or #11. 

- Cabanas 8 through 14 are in the front row and 1 through 7 are in the back. 

- There are chairs on the left of the cabanas that are for suite guests and it is first come, first serve.

- If you have access to the Chill Island Cabana area (rented a cabana or are in a suite), there is an upgraded lunch buffet.  Our buffet had lamb chops, ribs, chicken, salmon, shrimp and scallop skewers, Maine lobster tails, hamburgers, hot dogs, salads, fruit, cookies, etc.  A lot of food!!

- There is no bathroom area in the cabana area but it isn't that far of a walk

- The beach is roped off for the cabana area 

- The snorkeling right beyond the roped off area was really good.  We saw hundreds of fish of all different types.

If anyone has any questions, let me know!!

image.png.8ba923cf4090ae14649f24d6919eae6b.png

Hi Jaullram.....

I was wondering if you could tell me the accessibility of the Chill Island Cabanas.  I am sailing on Mariner in July with my family and my brother's family.  My brother is a full time wheelchair user and would like to be able to escape the sun and sit in a cabana to relax.  Can you tell me or post pictures of the cabanas?  I am just trying to get an idea of if we can get him into one if there are many stairs or if it is very difficult for a wheelchair to navigate to a cabana.   

Thanks.

-Sue M.  

P.S.    I am sorry but somehow when I was trying to reply to your post, I think I shared it with the group again.  I am new to this blog! :)

Just now, SMM799 said:

Thanks Matt!  That doesn't look like much of a step at all to get into the cabana.  Am I seeing that right?

Thanks again!

There's definitely one step, but no set of stairs or anything like that.  

RTripp the “amenities “ included with the Chill Island Cabana was a cooler of water (yes, only water), upgraded lunch buffet (see my post above), private roped off beach and bar for just Cabana area.  As for the private speaker and safe - never actually knew it existed!!!  There was a cocktail table in the cabana so maybe that is where the speaker and locker was!  Next time we will have to look harder because it wasn't obvious.   Also, the description says cabin attendant but we never had anyone come ask us for drinks like they do in Labadee.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for your post!  I too have been searching everywhere for more information on the chill island cabanas.  Can you answer a few questions for me?

Does the cabana come with floating beach mats?

Do you recommend water shoes for this area?

Can you book your specific cabana onboard the ship?

I read that some cabanas include water park admission, is this correct an does it apply to Chill Island?

17 hours ago, Jakejosa said:

Does the cabana come with floating beach mats?

Yes

Nah. Very soft sand in and out of the water. Not like Labadee.

You can go to Shore Excursion desk and make a request.

I read that some cabanas include water park admission, is this correct an does it apply to Chill Island?

No. Only the Thrill Waterpark cabanas do. More info on that here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/04/12/perfect-day-cococay-prices-and-costs

18 hours ago, Jakejosa said:

17 hours ago, wstephensi said:

In years past the cabanas included two sets of snorkel gear.  Is that still included?

How do you get to choose a cabana?  In the past we always got #1 and #2 (closest to the water at the old cabana location).  

There is no need for water shoes in the water at the cabana area, however, I found it easier to walk in the sand with water shoes on than wearing sandals or going barefoot.  ymmv

When you check in at the Cabana Cove hut the staff will ask if you would like snorkel gear.

On our April 6th sailing on Anthem, we went to the Shore Excursion desk right after boarding to choose a Cabana Cove cabana and were told that cabanas were now being assigned based on reservation date.  I will assume that if a Star class guest reserved a cabana that they will still get to pick.

I can also confirm 4 bottles of water in a cooler are provided - plenty of ice in the cooler if you want to bring wine or other beverage that needs to be chilled.

NO roaming bar staff in this area - small bar in same covered area where the buffet was set up and every frozen drink order turned into a Coco Loco.