Monday Cruise out of Port Canaveral

We are headed out of Port Canaveral in late June on a Monday am. We are going to be doing Disney And staying at a resort property. We normally like to arrive to the port around 10:30am but just trying to figure out logistics of rush hour around Orlando on a Monday am. What time should we leave? We are definitely spending Sunday evening in Disney so moving closer to the port is not an option. Thinking of leaving really early and maybe stopping at a Starbucks close by the port (if there is one) and waiting it out or leaving around 8:30am. What do you all think? 

If you take 417 East from just south of Disney around to 528 East it will cost you about $5 in tolls, but should bypass almost all of the morning rush.  It took us 55 minutes from mid-Orlando to the port on a Monday in March, and I think you'd find it about 1:15 - 1:20 going around the bypass.

Having lived in Orlando for 10 years and now moving back to Florida avoid I-4 at all costs.  DEFINITELY take the 417 and get on the road by 7:30 a.m.  Starbucks in Florida are like churches in Tennessee.   There is one on every corner.  The  beauty of getting to the cruise terminal early is you are able to get a good parking place as the garage is all but empty from the passengers that just arrived that morning.

5 hours ago, fonemanbob said:

Having lived in Orlando for 10 years and now moving back to Florida avoid I-4 at all costs.  DEFINITELY take the 417 and get on the road by 7:30 a.m.  Starbucks in Florida are like churches in Tennessee.   There is one on every corner.  The  beauty of getting to the cruise terminal early is you are able to get a good parking place as the garage is all but empty from the passengers that just arrived that morning.

Thanks for the info. Yes, I-4 is a parking lot so we will certainly avoid it. Not sure I want to get to the terminal earlier then 10:00am so we will exit the highway and find something close by if we arrive early. 

Your Starbucks options are to detour into Merritt Island or down A1A into Cocoa Beach.  Otherwise you can wait until you board if you are on Mariner.

I would guess your travel time should be around an hour or slightly more even during potential rush hour.  Definitely consider the toll road option and use an app that accounts for traffic for the ideal route.