Next Cruise

We are a few months out from sailing from Galveston on the Enchantment. This will be our second RC cruise.  I already know I will want to go on another probably next year. Is it really worth signing up for the next cruise while still on board?  What are the advantages?  Or is it better to just call the travel agent while at home? 

In general I think it’s just best to book as soon as possible. To me it seems like the best prices are when cruises first get announced and then generally go up as cruise date approaches. Plus you can always reprice if a better deal comes available. 

One of the stand out benefits of Next at the moment is reduced deposits.  Often just $100 per guest regardless of cruise length.   If you are looking to book several long cruises that may be an important perk.

I was supposed to board Liberty today but weather dashed my plans.  I had planned to inquire at Next with respect to some long cruises in 2020.  The reduced deposits attracted me.  When I missed the ship (long story) I went ahead and booked those cruises with my travel agent.  Even though I have another cruise in a month, by that time prices will rise and any perk of waiting will be lost due to the normal trend of prices increasing over time as ships start to book up.  

Our 4 main reasons we book future cruises the first night on board are:  Reduced Deposit, Cruise Price, Cabin Selection, and last the fact the appointment book for Next Cruise will fill up fast.  Also if you get a good agent they will recommend reasons for a certain cruise, or cabin selection, ship, etc.   The reduced deposit allows you to book several future cruises for that attractive $ 100.00 per person deposit.  For the past 3 years the wife has already said again we are not booking any future cruises this next cruise.   L.O.L.    I can bet the farm we will be booking more cruises on our next cruise in Sept. 

4 hours ago, fonemanbob said:

Our 4 main reasons we book future cruises the first night on board are:  Reduced Deposit, Cruise Price, Cabin Selection, and last the fact the appointment book for Next Cruise will fill up fast.  Also if you get a good agent they will recommend reasons for a certain cruise, or cabin selection, ship, etc.   The reduced deposit allows you to book several future cruises for that attractive $ 100.00 per person deposit.  For the past 3 years the wife has already said again we are not booking any future cruises this next cruise.   L.O.L.    I can bet the farm we will be booking more cruises on our next cruise in Sept. 

is that refundable or non-refundable deposit? 

30 minutes ago, mook1525 said:

is that refundable or non-refundable deposit? 

The reduced deposit generally requires NRDB or Non Refundable Deposit Booking.  There are some cases where a refundable cruise can be booked with a reduced deposit.  Cruises in other regions seem to benefit from this more than North American cruises.  

You definitely need to ask for and in some cases insist for refundable fares at Next but they often make them unattractive.  Loss of OBC, higher fares and higher despots are common for refundable Next bookings.  You are often better booking refundable with a land based travel agency.  

24 minutes ago, twangster said:

The reduced deposit generally requires NRDB or Non Refundable Deposit Booking.  There are some cases where a refundable cruise can be booked with a reduced deposit.  Cruises in other regions seem to benefit from this more than North American cruises.  

You definitely need to ask for and in some cases insist for refundable fares at Next but they often make them unattractive.  Loss of OBC, higher fares and higher despots are common for refundable Next bookings.  You are often better booking refundable with a land based travel agency.  

thanks!

I would do it onboard for 2 reasons: to pay the reduced deposit and you normally get an onboard credit when you book as well, plus any other sale RC has at that time.  The will ask you for a travel agents name, if you like, as well at time of booking.