Red Coach Transportation

I was thinking of spending a few nights in Orlando before my cruise. My port is Miami so I was going to use Red Coach to travel there from Orlando. Has anyone ever used them before? Does anyone recommend any other means of transportation? I believe the port will be 3 hours away from where I will be in Orlando. 

I've used them multiple times from Tallahassee to Ft. Lauderdale via Orlando.

Personally I can't think of anything too negative. Just suggest the first class bus over business class. Will say the wifi service onboard can be spotty at times. Good thing about the Miami to Orlando run is the additional stops aren't that long.

1 hour ago, Lovelysmile415 said:

I believe the port will be 3 hours away from where I will be in Orlando

Port of Miami is 3 Hours to 4.5 hours away from Orlando. I live 2 hours south of Orlando and 2.5 hours north of Miami. I have been to Miami twice and Orlando at least a dozen or more times, so it does take 3 hours to 4.5 hours without traffic, delays, detours, and making stops. 

I just did the Orlando to Miami run on RedCoach yesterday for the first time.

I took first class. $75 for a one-way ticket, and that includes some checked luggage.

Overall, it was a nice experience. The bus made good time, only made 3 stops and each stop was quite short. Left at 12:50pm, arrived at Miami International Airport at 5:10pm.

The best part of the bus is you can pretty much lay down nearly flat in giant comfortable chairs that have electric outlets and WiFi.

As @CGTLH noted, the WiFi was spotty, but to be fair the first part of the drive is through a rather desolate/rural area of Florida that exists between Orlando and Port St. Lucie.  I switched over to my phone's hot spot and that worked better.  I did not try the bus WiFi in South Florida, where I'm sure it was better.

The bus was older that I was expecting.  It wasn't terrible or dirty, but you could tell it was no "spring chicken" either. 

Of course, it's also still a bus.  So you deal with different smells, people not understanding to silence their cell phones, general conversation/noise, and other issues the general public is well-known for.

Would I take the bus again? I think so.  I enjoyed sitting on my laptop and checking these message boards, writing blog posts, watching videos and otherwise not concerning myself with a rather tedious 4 hour car drive.

The biggest issue with RedCoach is the schedule.  The times are all over the place, and I had to rent a car for the return trip because the times from Miami to Orlando did not work with my schedule.

Great summary of a first time experience @Matt. Glad to hear it was a positive one, or at least towards the positive side.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Of course, it's also still a bus.  So you deal with different smells, people not understanding to silence their cell phones, general conversation/noise, and other issues the general public is well-known for.

This statement would probably have to be the biggest factor towards the experience. Noise wise it helps tremendously to have a means lower it or drown it out. Good fitting headphones or earbuds are a great asset to have. Then again the same can be said for flying.

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

How in the world can you make a bus First Class ?  Do they have a separate area...does it have different seating orientation ?

https://www.redcoachusa.com/the-experience/

I think they make the first class rows be single, larger seats and the business class rows have two smaller seats.  The entire bus experience is more "upscale" than your typical coach transportation.

Two types of motorcoach are used, first class and business class. Each motorcoach consists of all the same seating class, no mix and match.

First class motorcoach has a 2x1 seating configuration while the business class has a 2x2 configuration. First class seats are roomy with a large seat pitch and greater recline. Other words, you have plenty of leg room. Business class seats are a touch narrower and the seat pitch and recline isn't as great. Still plenty of legroom, some space invasion if the person in front reclines back.