On board entertainment

FJ28

We are first time RC cruisers. We have sailed with other companies and are trying out RC. My question is when will the entertainment section of the cruise planner be available? We are 175 days out and most other cruise lines allow you to book at 180. Thanks for the help.

Which ship?  You can only pre-book entertainment on Oasis and Quantum class ships.  There is no set date for entertainment to open.  Lately, I've been seeing that you can book entertainment around 60-90 days before the cruise.  My next cruise is on Symphony and I finally saw it open 58 days before.  It isn't like Disney where if you don't book on the first day, then you can't get what you want.  Just keep checking every week starting at about 90 days out.  

4 hours ago, FJ28 said:

My question is when will the entertainment section of the cruise planner be available? We are 175 days out and most other cruise lines allow you to book at 180.

For our upcoming May 2019 cruise on Allure, the entertainment/show reservations opened up 96 days out from our departure date...

The general consensus seems to be that there is no set schedule/pattern across the fleet, even on the same ship... no rhyme or reason, to when options become available in the Cruise Planner! Keep checking :117_eyes: and have a great time!

One thing I’d recommend doing unless you like obsessively checking yourself (like me, hi) is joining a rollcall/group for your specific sailing on FB or cruise critic since there will likely be someone who will post to let the group know when entertainment is open for booking. On Harmony, you likely won’t run into TOO many issues getting spots you want for entertainment ahead of time with the only exception of the comedy shows which fill up much quicker than other shows due to the small venue size. Even though it tends to fill up, it’s not like it’s within the first day. I’ve noticed that for my May Allure sailing it took about 2 months after entertainment opened for the comedy show to fill up. 

From what I've noticed...they seem to open up entertainment a few months at a time.  For our past Symphony sailing in March, I remember it was the Nov before and hearing that people on the Jan cruise still didn't have their bookings available. Then they became available and we got ours the same time.  Likewise, same thing with our Allure cruise a couple years earlier.  So it might depend if you are at the start of a range they are opening (which means you will get it early) or end (where you will get it closer to your sail date).  Just some observations from past experience.