Check-in

8 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Is anyone else seeing this?

Just checked and I'm not seeing that, getting the normal web page display. Have you tired clearing your cache, decluttering your broom closet and then restarting your computer? If that doesn't work, it's probably time to either get a new computer or start cruising with a different cruise line. :3_grin:

2 hours ago, mworkman said:

Is anyone else seeing this?

Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 11.16.18 AM.png

I go between getting that and the old webpage where it wants you to manually enter your information to get a cruise planner (where none of the resources it points to live anymore) every couple of days. Have to close it out, wait a few minutes and try again. 

I will forever be thankful for whoever it was on here who said that when they check in and get their set sail pass they print it as a PDF so they aren't at the mercy of Royal's website working on the day they need to print their documents. I now have set sail passes and luggage tags/e-docs safely PDFed in my google drive which is one less stress for me later. 

On 4/7/2019 at 1:02 PM, Matt said:

AH ok. If you get too close to sail date (less than 2-3 days) it locks you out. 

This sounds like a web site issue. 

How soon before a cruise you would recommend to do the check in process?

I'm kind of obsessive and always do it as soon as it opens but I don't know if this is good or bad. 

• 4 months later...

bumping this thread ... 

We sail in 29 days.

been trying to check-in online now for about 6 straight days.  When clicking the "start check-in" button on the website, We get an error message "Sorry there's been a glitch.   Check-in is currently unavailable, so please try again later."  I emailed Royal to ask if they are having website difficulties, or if something with our reservation got "corrupted" thus preventing online check-in (for us) for some reason.  Royal responded the next day.

"We are currently experience technical difficulties with our Online Check-In, and it is impacting many of our guests. Our IT Team is currently working on the issue, and we hope to have everything resolved as soon as possible. While we are not able to advise an explicit time frame regarding this, we encourage you to continue attempting to complete your check-in. If you are unable to complete the Online Check-In prior to arriving at the pier, the check-in staff at the pier will be able to fully assist you."

So there you go.  Just a friendly PSA incase anyone else has been trying to use OCI this week ... apparently they ARE having issues.  Although I'd be curious if other users have managed to successfully complete online check-in (nay, even get the page to open!) since this past Sunday.

cheers,

PF

On 8/22/2019 at 11:46 PM, PurdueFlyer said:

bumping this thread ... 

We sail in 29 days.

been trying to check-in online now for about 6 straight days.  When clicking the "start check-in" button on the website, We get an error message "Sorry there's been a glitch.   Check-in is currently unavailable, so please try again later."  I emailed Royal to ask if they are having website difficulties, or if something with our reservation got "corrupted" thus preventing online check-in (for us) for some reason.  Royal responded the next day.

"We are currently experience technical difficulties with our Online Check-In, and it is impacting many of our guests. Our IT Team is currently working on the issue, and we hope to have everything resolved as soon as possible. While we are not able to advise an explicit time frame regarding this, we encourage you to continue attempting to complete your check-in. If you are unable to complete the Online Check-In prior to arriving at the pier, the check-in staff at the pier will be able to fully assist you."

So there you go.  Just a friendly PSA incase anyone else has been trying to use OCI this week ... apparently they ARE having issues.  Although I'd be curious if other users have managed to successfully complete online check-in (nay, even get the page to open!) since this past Sunday.

cheers,

PF

13 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

I’ve had that happen to me as well ....... then I went to the RC app and was able to check in with no problem at all.

Thanks! I (and a friend) had difficulty too so knew it was RCL issue but having about 30 days wasn't sweating it. I'll try on the app.

There are times that you will see that Page pop up just after you have logged in to check for a "Lower Price for your Booked Cruise."   It takes their website about 10 Minutes to refresh and kick you out even if you properly back out of a cruise booking (just comparing Prices).  At that point,  just log out of your account,  wait 30 minutes and log in again.  Viola!!   You are back in and ready to compare your room to the new lower prices!.