Lobster night

29 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Lobster is usually the second formal night of the cruise.  For HM, it could be Night 5 or 6 depending on the itinerary.

This seems to hold true for most 7 night cruises from what I've seen posted in the past from others.

Have a great trip.

31 minutes ago, 12thman said:

There's a lobster night? This is served at the MDR?

5 Night or longer.  Short cruises typically don't get lobster.

Caribbean lobster, tail only.  (Not a Maine or NE lobster)

If there are two formal nights it's usually the second formal night in the MDR.  

Pro tip - you can order more than one tail.

1 minute ago, twangster said:

5 Night or longer.  Short cruises typically don't get lobster.

Caribbean lobster, tail only.  (Not a Maine or NE lobster)

If there are two formal nights it's usually the second formal night in the MDR.  

Whooaaa!!! My wife is going to love this surprise!!! Think that's a lite meal day then 3 tails each!!!

35 minutes ago, 12thman said:

There's a lobster night? This is served at the MDR?

Yes, it's one of the formal nights in the MDR, usually the last.

On 7-night cruises, you have 2 formal nights... the first usually includes Prime Rib and the second includes Lobster tails. I always get 2 or 3!

You would probably like the series "Mega Food" available on Netflix. Season 1 - Episode 6 is about Oasis of the Seas and the planning that goes into prepping food for a week long cruise. I love the segment on Lobster night!

image.png.73273b9852e6bfcb87c09ae1f4779915.png

image.thumb.png.9566f843ca71348b5851e6b851596ddd.png

2 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

Yes, it's one of the formal nights in the MDR, usually the last.

On 7-night cruises, you have 2 formal nights... the first usually includes Prime Rib and the second includes Lobster tails. I always get 2 or 3!

You would probably like the series "Mega Food" available on Netflix. Season 1 - Episode 6 is about Oasis of the Seas and the planning that goes into prepping food for a week long cruise. I love the segment on Lobster night!

image.png.73273b9852e6bfcb87c09ae1f4779915.png

image.thumb.png.9566f843ca71348b5851e6b851596ddd.png

Thanks for the heads up!!! It's in my queue now.

12 minutes ago, 12thman said:

Thanks, I'll have to reorganize our dinner plans then.

I would still try to find a cruise compass with your itinerary and/or find someone that has done your itinerary before to be sure... maybe RC customer service will know...

Your Harmony itinerary is a little different than the typical/more common Oasis class, Western Caribbean itinerary (Labadee, Jamaica and Cozumel), since it includes Perfect Day/Coco Cay and other ports. We're going to have to consider that itinerary on Harmony down the road!

2 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

I would still try to find a cruise compass with your itinerary and/or find someone that has done your itinerary before to be sure... maybe RC customer service will know... Your itinerary is a little different than the typical/more common Western Caribbean itinerary (Labadee, Jamaica and Cozumel) since it includes Coco Cay and other ports.

I'll do that, there's only one sailing with my sailing: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/itinerary/7-night-eastern-caribbean-from-fort-lauderdale-on-allure/AL07FLL-3132801889?sail-date=2019-10-06&currency=USD&wuc=USA&dates_maxDate=09%2F30%2F2019&dates_minDate=09%2F01%2F2019 

2 hours ago, twangster said:

When we were on Oasis Class ships, you didn't even have to order extra.  The head waiter showed up with a plate full of lobster tails, already de-shelled, asking if you wanted more.  My husband was very pleased.  As for me, I don't like them.  Was glad to see other offerings on the menu.

8 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

I would still try to find a cruise compass with your itinerary and/or find someone that has done your itinerary before to be sure... maybe RC customer service will know... 

Your Harmony itinerary is a little different than the typical/more common Oasis class, Western Caribbean itinerary (Labadee, Jamaica and Cozumel), since it includes Perfect Day/Coco Cay and other ports. We're going to have to consider that itinerary on Harmony down the road! 

I'm going to be on this exact same cruise, too!  (Harmony 5/26/19).    The 5/12/19 sailing will be Harmony's first itinerary that includes Cococay (Eastern loop).  This 5/26/19 sailing will be the first time that Harmony will have done this specific combination of ports (on a Western loop) originating from Port Canaveral.  Therefore, there won't be any Cruise Compasses from a Harmony cruise that would have done this exact port combination before.

12 hours ago, Publix1310 said:

When can we book the puzzle game on the HARMONY OF THE SEAS on may 26th - june 2nd? 

I've been patiently waiting for this to become available to book, too!  Every time I talk to Royal Caribbean on the phone, I ask them about booking this, and they tell me every time that it will appear in Cruise Planner at some point.  If it doesn't, then I have to wait and book it on board.  I have had three different customer service reps tell me the same thing.  I just keep looking regularly in the cruise planner...

All of the other entertainment and onboard activities (flowrider, all-access tours, etc.) became available to book at 109 days out.  Just not the Escape Room...

8 minutes ago, 12thman said:

Looking at past cruise compass the only thing I saw was the 2nd night was formal night. Does that mean that's lobster night? The compass didn't say anything about night 6 being formal.

If you have only one official night it means that the cruise is less than 7 days , most of the time you will not have lobster in such cruise. also if the cruise is from Europe lobster is not guarantee 

1 hour ago, Traveler said:

If you have only one official night it means that the cruise is less than 7 days , most of the time you will not have lobster in such cruise. also if the cruise is from Europe lobster is not guarantee 

I'm doing a 7 night Caribbean cruise in Sept.on Allure if the Azipods make it. Looked at previous compasses to see when to plan my MDR nights and specialty nights.

2 hours ago, 12thman said:

I'm doing a 7 night Caribbean cruise in Sept.on Allure if the Azipods make it. Looked at previous compasses to see when to plan my MDR nights and specialty nights.

In that case , you should be OK , I was on the Allure on Dec cruise , we had two formal night and on the second formal night they served Lobster tails in the MDR.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:10 PM, 12thman said:

You would probably like the series "Mega Food" available on Netflix. Season 1 - Episode 6 is about Oasis of the Seas

We're going to be on the Symphony in May. I found this program to be really interesting! As a passenger, I get on the ship and wonder what I'm going to eat first (second and third!) and I don't think about what goes on behind the scenes. It is amazing!        12thman - thanks for the recommendation!

Is there a way to infer the 2nd formal night based on the itinerary? We're on Harmony in August, with what appears to be an atypical itinerary compared to the weeks around it. Day 5 is St. Maarten, and Day 6 (and 7) are Sea Days. Do you think we're more likely to have the formal night on Day 6 instead of on a port day?

On 4/7/2019 at 10:45 AM, Hoski said:

Lobster night is for 7 nights and longer cruises.  On 5 night we just got a lobster starter.

Say it ain't so!  I am going on Adventure for 6 nights next week.  We have two formal nights, I was hoping the 2nd one is lobster like usual.  

3 hours ago, joshvc said:

Is there a way to infer the 2nd formal night based on the itinerary? We're on Harmony in August, with what appears to be an atypical itinerary compared to the weeks around it. Day 5 is St. Maarten, and Day 6 (and 7) are Sea Days. Do you think we're more likely to have the formal night on Day 6 instead of on a port day?

Yes.  I would expect formal night to be on a sea day/night

On 4/6/2019 at 11:47 PM, MarvinS said:

I'm going to be on this exact same cruise, too!  (Harmony 5/26/19).    The 5/12/19 sailing will be Harmony's first itinerary that includes Cococay (Eastern loop).  This 5/26/19 sailing will be the first time that Harmony will have done this specific combination of ports (on a Western loop) originating from Port Canaveral.  Therefore, there won't be any Cruise Compasses from a Harmony cruise that would have done this exact port combination before.

I've been patiently waiting for this to become available to book, too!  Every time I talk to Royal Caribbean on the phone, I ask them about booking this, and they tell me every time that it will appear in Cruise Planner at some point.  If it doesn't, then I have to wait and book it on board.  I have had three different customer service reps tell me the same thing.  I just keep looking regularly in the cruise planner...

All of the other entertainment and onboard activities (flowrider, all-access tours, etc.) became available to book at 109 days out.  Just not the Escape Room...

Me too!!!! ?

According to the Royal app > Main Dining Room > Menu > Second formal night is Day 5 when we are in Roatan. Woo Hoo! Lobster tails here we come! :):):)

See you both on board!

RCCL - HM.jpg

RCCL - HM1.png