Billing problem

Just awoken to receive an email stating the balance on our upcoming cruise is fast approaching, trouble is that I’ve paid up in full weeks ago. Even their invoice doesn’t tally up with our price we paid. Real annoyance that now needs sorting, and I thought a cruise was meant to be a relaxing experience ?

10 minutes ago, 3trinitythree said:

Just awoken to receive an email stating the balance on our upcoming cruise is fast approaching, trouble is that I’ve paid up in full weeks ago.  ?

Your credit card may not have had enough room left on your credit card to cover the remanding balance or you did not have enough money in your bank account to have enough money in the account for RC to receive your final remaining balance on your upcoming cruise.

16 minutes ago, 3trinitythree said:

Even their invoice doesn’t tally up with our price we paid. Real annoyance that now needs sorting, and I thought a cruise was meant to be a relaxing experience ?

If I was in your situation I would immediately call RC/TA and inquire if your cruise balance has been paid.

Credit card was ok. They took the full amount but now they’re saying I owe more money but their figures don’t add up to the original invoice. As for their representatives I’m currently dealing with one through twitter and so far everything he’s said is incorrect (said I booked through a third party which is untrue, and I’ve just upgraded rooms which again is untrue) 

1 hour ago, 3trinitythree said:

Credit card was ok. They took the full amount but now they’re saying I owe more money but their figures don’t add up to the original invoice. As for their representatives I’m currently dealing with one through twitter and so far everything he’s said is incorrect (said I booked through a third party which is untrue, and I’ve just upgraded rooms which again is untrue) 

Sorry you're having to go through this.  It's one nice thing about working with a travel agent - they fight the battle for you (I know, doesn't help you this time, but something to think about next time).  Do you have a common name? Are they referencing the correct reservation number? My husband has a very common name and things get confused for him all of the time.

5 hours ago, 3trinitythree said:

Just awoken to receive an email stating the balance on our upcoming cruise is fast approaching, trouble is that I’ve paid up in full weeks ago. Even their invoice doesn’t tally up with our price we paid. Real annoyance that now needs sorting, and I thought a cruise was meant to be a relaxing experience ?

It happened in the past to my father , he got an email 10 days before the cruise saying he still need to pay a 45 $ for the cruise , it was very strange has he paid everything before. We did some calls but we did not got any good answer , he did not want to risk the cruise so he just paid it. 

@3trinitythree, this is a long shot, but what are they saying is outstanding on your balance?  Is it gratuities?

The reason why I ask is because over the last two months, I have heard of this situation happening twice.  Both times, people paid in full and shortly before the cruise, they found out their reservation would be cancelled if they did not pay the remaining balance, which was gratuities.  To make this even crazier, both of these cases was Star Class guests (who are not supposed to pay grats in the first place).  In the end, they had to pay it, or risk their cruise getting cancelled.  They complained to Royal and their Genie but no luck so far.

I think I know what messes it up though (in this particular case, not sure about yours).  It's strange, but it's the Dining selection.  When I booked two cruises with Royal in December, they were both Star Class and MTD was selected.  For both reservations, gratuities popped up on the invoice, even though it was not supposed to be charged.  The agent (a Royal Vacation Planner who knows what he is doing, I deal with him often) tried to remove it and it would come right back up.  This happened several times over the course of a couple of days.  If I did not comb through the invoice, it would have been easily missed.  Anyway, after playing around with it, he finally figured out that when he switched it to Traditional Dining, that stopped the gratuities from popping back up.

Back to the two cases I heard of over the last two months, both of those people had MTD selected.

Anyway, not sure if this helps your case at all but thought I would share it in case it did...

• 1 month later...

I would have just called, no point in having people play guessing games here...or trying to figure that out over twitter.,....good luck.

It would probably take multiple phone calls and reps to get it figured out based on my experiences with any big company.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:25 AM, 3trinitythree said:

IMPORTANT - If you are on the Allure of the Seas and the Itinerary has changed it is causing a problem if you had excursions at the cancelled port.   They are double crediting the excursions which is causing a balance on the cruise.   So what was explained to me was the system automatically credited the excursion and then a manual credit was also processed.  So this happened for myself and my clients in the exact amount of our St. Thomas excursion which was cancelled.  BTW, with this being the case you will receive TWO CREDITS for the amount of the excursion which they said should be processed within TWO WEEKS.

I hope this explains and clarifies everything.   If anyone has any additional questions I will be notified of replies and will check them frequently.

6 hours ago, VinceC said:

IMPORTANT - If you are on the Allure of the Seas and the Itinerary has changed it is causing a problem if you had excursions at the cancelled port.   They are double crediting the excursions which is causing a balance on the cruise.   So what was explained to me was the system automatically credited the excursion and then a manual credit was also processed.  So this happened for myself and my clients in the exact amount of our St. Thomas excursion which was cancelled.  BTW, with this being the case you will receive TWO CREDITS for the amount of the excursion which they said should be processed within TWO WEEKS.

I hope this explains and clarifies everything.   If anyone has any additional questions I will be notified of replies and will check them frequently.

Thanks for this info! If someone was affected by this, would they already see it in their CC account? I just checked my credit card I used and I see that refunds have cleared on May 7th and I don't see any further refunds in the pending section. My sailing is in 3 days...do you think I'm safe? 

1 hour ago, spiralqueen said:

Thanks for this info! If someone was affected by this, would they already see it in their CC account? I just checked my credit card I used and I see that refunds have cleared on May 7th and I don't see any further refunds in the pending section. My sailing is in 3 days...do you think I'm safe? 

No, not really, Royal just made those edits this week so the double credit didn't hit your account until this week, also, I was told by Royal that you have to pay the Balance before credits to your credit card can be issued.  You account needs to be satisfied first.