Favorite Off Menu Requests

FManke

1 hour ago, JerseyJoe said:

I've seen other people comment on other threads that they order something called 'savory bites', sounds like small bite-sized seasoned bread things, and that only people who have been on RC before know about them. They are supposedly to die for. 

They are fantastic and I do ask for them now and then. 

Here's what they are: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2013/12/12/royal-caribbean-classic-savory-bites

On our last cruise, the Top Cruiser on board (2800+ points) asked for something different each night. He got them all family style so we could all try them. My favorite was the Jerk Pork. He also ordered some fried rice of some sort but can't remember exactly what it was called. They have so many different options but most of the time you need to tell them the night before so that they can get it prepared. 

On my Serenade cruise last fall there was a number of Filipino staff onboard, so I asked the Head Waiter if I could have some of their types of food.  They obliged, and it was quite delicious.

If you're a curry eater on our last 2 (and probably more) cruises they had 2 types of curry (veg, non-veg) in the Windjammer each night, plus a few other Indian dishes. 

4 hours ago, bcarney said:

On my Serenade cruise last fall there was a number of Filipino staff onboard, so I asked the Head Waiter if I could have some of their types of food.  They obliged, and it was quite delicious.

If you're a curry eater on our last 2 (and probably more) cruises they had 2 types of curry (veg, non-veg) in the Windjammer each night, plus a few other Indian dishes. 

We had the same on Serenade in Oct of 2017. Is that pretty common across the fleet? I can't believe it's ship specific.

2 hours ago, FManke said:

We had the same on Serenade in Oct of 2017. Is that pretty common across the fleet? I can't believe it's ship specific.

Correct.  In the MDR there is a Vegetarian and a meat curry on every Royal ship every night.  On the flip side, there are no off menu requests allowed for other Indian food.

17 hours ago, 4ensic said:

Correct.  In the MDR there is a Vegetarian and a meat curry on every Royal ship every night.  On the flip side, there are no off menu requests allowed for other Indian food.

They also had curry one morning on the buffet in the WJ. Curry and eggs! Add one of @coneyravenBloody Maryland's and you've got yourself a breakfast!