Boston Port Salem Museum?

TanaQ

17 hours ago, TanaQ said:

I have seen nothing about this.  I've always wanted to go and did book through RC. Is it any good? Should I just hang out in Boston for the day?

I haven't been to the Salem Museum, but have you ever been to Boston before?  Do you think you will ever get back there on your own?

I'm asking because it appears the Salem Museum would be a 45 minute ride each way, so likely this would be the only thing you get to do in Boston.  And there is soooo much more you can see and do if you hang out in Boston for the day.  

If you're going to go back up there on a land trip with access to a vehicle I would definitely plan a trip up to explore the Salem area.  Gives you much more flexibility that way.

But if you've visited Boston before and the Salem Museum interests you then I would go for it..unless someone chimes in and says the museum isn't worth it, of course.  Maybe read the reviews on TripAdvisor?

53 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

I'll be honest with you .... I know nothing about Boston.  @JLMoran - you live further north than me.... what say you?  Now, if you wanted to know about Baltimore, I'm all in.

Sorry, I haven't been to Boston in decades. Pinging @Boston Babe, given she actually lives there and is probably the best person to ask. ?

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

I haven't been to the Salem Museum, but have you ever been to Boston before?  Do you think you will ever get back there on your own?

I'm asking because it appears the Salem Museum would be a 45 minute ride each way, so likely this would be the only thing you get to do in Boston.  And there is soooo much more you can see and do if you hang out in Boston for the day.  

If you're going to go back up there on a land trip with access to a vehicle I would definitely plan a trip up to explore the Salem area.  Gives you much more flexibility that way.

But if you've visited Boston before and the Salem Museum interests you then I would go for it..unless someone chimes in and says the museum isn't worth it, of course.  Maybe read the reviews on TripAdvisor?

I'm about a 4 hour drive from Boston and I know my mom would love Salem. I can wait and take her with us on a drive in the fall possibly.  So maybe my son and I will just explore Boston for the day.  Oy! I'll see if any more responses. Thanks!

3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

HI there, I actually don't live there anymore but I did live in Marblehead which is right next door to Salem.  Salem is great to visit.  Not sure how long you are in port though.  It's more than 45 minutes (not mileage, traffic wise!).  there are no main roads to get there.  It's beautiful!  But then again so is Boston.  If you are in port like we are this July, you hve plenty of time to visit both though, 10Am-11PM we are there for.