Oasis Transatlantic Cancelled

We were so sad on Tuesday April 2, when we were notified our upcoming transatlantic on the Oasis for April 21 has been cancelled. They said the ship is being sent to Cadiz Spain for repairs and no word when she will be back in service. Royal has been very accommodating except they refused to transfer your onboard credits to another cruise?  

1 hour ago, BarbieBell said:

they refused to transfer your onboard credits to another cruise?  

Is this a cruise that you booked as a result of the TA cancellation or one that you already had booked ?

If it is a new booking, booked in place of the cancelled cruise I would call back again and speak with someone until you get this rectified.  You should be getting your OBC as well as the cost of the cruise. 

If this is an already-booked cruise, I don't know if you have a legitimate claim on this or not....but I certainly would try again.

The 100% FCC plus full refund is the compensation.  The cancelled cruise is wiped from the books along with whatever you had in terms of OBC or KSF or any other promo.  

You are free to book a new cruise using that FCC and benefit from whatever current promos, sales and/or OBC is offered for the new booking.  

Getting any new OBC offered plus trying to retain your old OBC while benefiting from 100% FCC seems a little greedy.  

Oops I forgot this site is pretty testy, my $475 for the cancelled TA was something I was looking forward to, so call it greedy if you like, but I don't think the "new"  promos will be comparable. Maybe a choice of either would be fair.  Although my bio shows Pre Gold I'm actually Diamond+ and an experienced cruiser so hold back on the slams. 

22 minutes ago, BarbieBell said:

Oops I forgot this site is pretty testy, my $475 for the cancelled TA was something I was looking forward to, so call it greedy if you like, but I don't think the "new"  promos will be comparable. Maybe a choice of either would be fair.  Although my bio shows Pre Gold I'm actually Diamond+ and an experienced cruiser so hold back on the slams. 

I actually find this site pretty friendly compared to another forum based site... Are you aware what exactly happened to Oasis? It was a really freak accident. I don't think you are trying to be greedy but I am not sure exactly what you want. I heard Royal is giving a full refund plus a 100% cruise vouchers for another cruise.. To me that sounds good. You basically will be getting your money back for this plus another potentially free cruise.. I am not sure what else you were looking for? I know you are being inconvenienced and I totally get how that stinks but Royal is trying hard to make this weird accident right. 

I believe the 100% FCC is very generous.  For me it will nicely pay for a 16 night Panama Canal Cruise.  Basically a free Panama Canal Cruise   

Sure I lost some OBC, 30,000 airline miles, a free specialty dinner and a free spa treatment but the 100% FCC more than makes up for that.  

When they cancelled the Navigator cruise because the Amplification took longer than expected they only provided 50% FCC.  

They have rarely provided 100% FCC plus a full refund.  So to say that isn’t enough, give me that plus all my promos or OBC as well, is not a reasonable expectation in my opinion.  

12 minutes ago, 12thman said:

KSF

Kids Sale Free

"Kids Sail Free” provides free cruise fare for 3rd guests and higher who are 12 years old or younger on select 4-night or longer sailings.

12 minutes ago, 12thman said:

FCC

Future Cruise Credit 

My FCC has been issued for the Oasis cancellation.  This is a day earlier than they stated in their email.

My situation was complicated because I used a previous FCC to pay down this Oasis sailing.  

True to their word, they re-issued that original FCC and my total FCC from this Oasis cancelation is in fact 100% of the cruise fare.  FCC calculations never include port fees and taxes so those are out of the equation as expected.  

They have applied this new FCC to a Panama Canal booking I had.  That booking required a $450 deposit because of the 16 night length.  With this Oasis FCC applied to that cruise they are refunding a portion of my Panama cruise deposit because I have now over paid it based on the combined $450 deposit and Oasis FCC.    

FCC cannot be used to pay taxes and port fees on another booking so for the price of taxes and port fees I am getting a free ocean view Panama canal cruise.  This new cruise comes with $50 of OBC.  

In addition to that, my Oasis FCC exceeded the cruise fare portion of my Panama canal cruise so I am left with $156 in residual FCC that I can apply to yet another cruise.  

So while I did "lose" some OBC and other perks on my Oasis booking, I am thrilled with a full refund plus a Panama Canal cruise with $50 in OBC for the price of ports fees and taxes.

Should I live blog that cruise?  Hmmm.  

3 hours ago, twangster said:

So while I did "lose" some OBC and other perks on my Oasis booking, I am thrilled with a full refund plus a Panama Canal cruise with $50 in OBC for the price of ports fees and taxes.

That's a heck of a better handling you were given compared to your awful JS experience on Explorer(?)! Fantastic outcome!