Coast Guard Inspection?

Cindi

We are sailing out of Baltimore on Saturday for a 12 day cruise to the southern caribbean. Originally boarding time started at 11:30. I received the following in an email just a few minutes ago.  Is this something to be concerned about? I have visions of them finding something that prevents or delays the cruise. This is my third cruise. First one on Royal Caribbean. 

Dear Guest,

We would like to provide you with important information for your upcoming Grandeur of the Seas cruise departing on April 6th, 2019. The U.S. Coast Guard will be conducting a mandatory routine inspection onboard before your cruise departs. As a result, check-in for your cruise will take place between 12:30 PM – 3:00 PM.

If you haven't already done so, please complete your online check-in, as this is the best way to expedite boarding. To check-in online, please go to www.royalcaribbean.com/onlinecheckin and print your SetSail Pass. You can do this up to 72-hours prior to your sailing. As seating in the terminal is very limited, we kindly ask guests to arrive to the cruise terminal after 12:30 PM.

We thank you for your time and cooperation and look forward to welcoming you onboard Grandeur of the Seas.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

3 hours ago, Cindi said:

Thank you. That makes me feel better...and if there was something up with the ship I supose it would be good to know before we set sail 

The ship just finished it's periodic dry dock last week.  Best time to sail her, she is in tip top shape.  

USCG does this all the time.  So does the health department and other agencies.  All routine inspections.  All ships, even cargo ships and tanker ships have routine inspections like this.  

Perfectly normal.  

Enjoy your cruise!

• 4 weeks later...