Allure of the Seas - Important things to do

VinceC

39 minutes ago, VinceC said:

I will be going on the Allure of the Seas in August and I was wondering what are the most important things to see or do?

As well as the things to see or do that are not so important?

Deck 14, port side all the way forward, through the sliding glass door puts you on the observation deck directly above the bridge. In fact you can walk out on top of the "wings". Great views, especially when sailing out of port. Very windy however. :27_sunglasses:

43 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

What is your itinerary ?  Where are you going ?

Eastern Caribbean - St Kitts, St. Thomas, Nassau Bahamas

Not to too worried about off the ship, wanted things to do on the ship, entertainment musts, etc as well as what to avoid

10 minutes ago, VinceC said:

what to avoid

Abusing your deluxe drink package (if you purchase one), will make your head hurt. :3_grin: 

Seriously, check this link out: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/allure-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1841/03. You can see what is located on each deck. We have been on the Allure four times and we studied the deck plans before our first time. That way we learned where everything is located so we didn't have to waste a lot of time wandering around looking for a bar, dining facility, etc. Also, book your entertainment and any excursions on line. :27_sunglasses:

3 minutes ago, rjac said:

Abusing your deluxe drink package (if you purchase one), will make your head hurt. :3_grin: 

Seriously, check this link out: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/allure-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1841/03. You can see what is located on each deck. We have been on the Allure four times and we studied the deck plans before our first time. That way we learned where everything is located so we didn't have to waste a lot of time wandering around looking for a bar, dining facility, etc. Also, book your entertainment and any excursions on line. :27_sunglasses:

Already purchased the Deluxe Drink Package with the VOOM for both of us.   purchased and cancelled twice to get a final great deal of $57/day/person with the VOOM....

I will definitely be abusing the drink package....   I have the Deck Plans, but I also wanted to ask about the ROYAL APP.   Doesn't the Royal APP help you get around as well.  Does it have the Deck Plan or can you look up something in it and it will tell you where to go?

1 minute ago, VinceC said:

BY THE WAY....This is a 25th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY CRUISE....

Congratulations - we're taking our 25th wedding anniversary cruise in June on Ovation!  The app can be useful, but it's not always accurate (the deck plans themselves would be, but information on activities may not be).  I usually double checked things with either the Cruise Compass or on the video boards that are on every floor near the elevators.  

2 hours ago, VinceC said:

I will be going on the Allure of the Seas in August and I was wondering what are the most important things to see or do?

As well as the things to see or do that are not so important?

Just relax and take it easy...you are on vacation. Look at the Cruise compass and see what appeals to you and then do it. Especially since  ...This is a 25th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY CRUISE.

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Congratulations - we're taking our 25th wedding anniversary cruise in June on Ovation!  The app can be useful, but it's not always accurate (the deck plans themselves would be, but information on activities may not be).  I usually double checked things with either the Cruise Compass or on the video boards that are on every floor near the elevators.  

Happy (early) Anniversary to you, as well! Cruising is such a great way to celebrate! My hubby and I did a 10-year Anniversary Cruise way back when (we’re celebrating 34 years in November)!

20 hours ago, VinceC said:

BY THE WAY....This is a 25th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY CRUISE....

Congrats.   We did our 25th on the Allure back in October and loved it.  As it was our first time on an Oasis Class ship, we loved the main aqua show.  The advice we'd seen about that show is to not book it on the first night's sailing as it is often cancelled (due to currents?).  And that turned out to be true for us, but we caught it two other times and loved it.  Also loved the Ice Games show.  I think @rjacmentioned the observation deck and that's pretty cool too.    Try a dining package, we loved Gionvannis (went back a second time).  try the drink of the day, everyday since you have the DDP, if you don't like it, don't drink it....     We were still new finding things to do even on the last day when we found the Solarium at night was nice and quiet with some comfortable, semi-secluded seating up by the Solarium bar. 

Oh, maximize your time and get there early to get on the ship as soon as possible.   Unless you have The Key, the ultimate dining package, or something else that gets you a specialty lunch on the first day, try the Solarium Bistro for lunch on embarkation day.  It's a much more pleasant experience than fighting the masses at the windjammer.   The first thing to do on-board is book any dining reservation for the week and then go up to the Bistro.  By the time you're done, some crowds will have caught up to you but you can explore the ship now or go hang by the pool.  

Hope you have a good cruise.