Non-refundable rate with a GTY room

42 minutes ago, cbnsoul said:

I was wondering if I am able to change to a different room category or type on the same ship and sail date if I initially booked a guarantee room?

Yes.  As long as you have not passed final payment date, do not cancel completely, do not change your ship or sail date, you can change your booking.  You can actually go in the other direction, too.  If you have a fully refundable booking and you find that you are 100% certain that you are going to stick with this cruise, you can switch a refundable booking to a non-refundable booking.  If the price has not changed, you will probably save a little money.  If the price of the cruise has gone up chances are you would not save any money by going to a non-refundable option so you would probably be better off just keeping what you started with.

43 minutes ago, cbnsoul said:

I was wondering if I am able to change to a different room category or type on the same ship and sail date if I initially booked a guarantee room?

Yes you can but you will either pay the difference after final payment if their is an increase or if it's prior to final payment, your cruise will be repriced.