Need help picking a stateroom

SLJ

We're in the process of booking our second cruise for next year on Symphony. Not many options left because of the KSF promo. My dilemma: Deck 8 ocean balcony adjoining room, or Deck 6 not adjoining. I know adjoining rooms will be louder than regular room, but will Deck 6 be loud since it's on the Boardwalk? Which would you pick?

Thanks!

Just now, SLJ said:

So what you're saying is Deck 6 would potentially be louder right?

Not necessarily. A lot of people worry about noise bleed from Boardwalk, Central Park or Promenade rooms but in my experience those concerns are unwarranted. I've stayed in all three categories and never had an issue.

I have never had a noise problem with adjoining rooms.  My problem with adjoining rooms is that there is that you must sometimes sacrifice the full couch for a smaller love seat b/c the door to the adjoining cabin takes up wall space normally consumed by the bigger, full couch.  That is not ALWAYS the case but sometimes it is and I have even been in adjoining rooms where there was no couch at all....just a chair.