Maho beach st maarten

zaniah02

We did it through Royal last year when there was a decent sale.  Now that I've been to St. Martin a couple of times I think I'd feel comfortable to catch a cab there.  It was pretty cool since it's such a famous place, had lunch at the Sunset Bar then hung out on the beach for awhile.  That day there were only 2 ships in port so it wasn't terribly busy, last month when we went there was 7 ships, I wouldn't have went near it with that many ships in port!  So that may be something to look at as well.

A couple weeks ago we used Barnards Tours and there was a 45 min or so stop there.   Perfect time of day....got to see an Air France A330 landing, a United 737, Delta 757, and an Air Canada 767 takeoff.    It was part of the whole island tour.  I'd recommend it.   I'm not sure I'd be thrilled with spending an entire day there as it gets very crowded (we were one of 7 ships there that day including Harmony) and besides the bar area theres no shade anywhere.  We've taken a taxi there before several years ago.   I cant remember the cost but be aware its quite a drive back to the port area where the ship is and the traffic can really add up the time it takes to get back.    Make sure to leave plenty early.

We managed to get right behind the 757 spooling up and taking off and thats always a thrill.   Got sandblasted and soaked from some ladies cups of drinks she was holding blowing all out......funny stuff!

iWmo6lEgQu+hCix2i332OQ.jpg