Oasis Crane Crash

26 minutes ago, Joeana said:

For those of us travelling in May and what about those who have decided to travel 2weeks in advance and then take the cruise ship out of Barcelona how do you notify these people who are already on holidays? Oh by the way you cruise has been cancelled...... royal Caribbean needs to step up and notify travelers and be honest. 

Welcome to the message boards!

I understand your sentiments as someone who had their sailing cancelled from this event.  I was supposed to board yesterday.  We would be heading towards San Juan on a sea day today with 13 more nights ahead of us.  

Having followed this closely my gut feeling is that May 5th will go as planned.  She has proven she is capable of cruising at normal cruise speed several days in a row on her way across.  The work in the dry dock below the water line will proceed quickly now, it will be done in a few days, likely by Friday or maybe Saturday.  Since they have another week they may do a few more things below the water line like painting just because they can.

The work on the handful of guest balconies and railing on deck 15 is minor and won't take long to repair.  

The only question is the functionality of the Aqua Theater.  There have been Caribbean cruises where the Aqua shows were all or partially cancelled due to weather.  That's unfortunate but it's the weather.  You may miss an Aqua show.  Unfortunate but accidents happen.  On the other hand maybe repairs to the theater are progressing well and it is too soon to notify guests they will miss the show.  

With the exception of the Aqua theater and aft area the rest of the ship was untouched.  She is still the great ship she that we both booked.

Enjoy your cruise!

As said before, I have a cruise booked on may 5th, they send me email saying my cruise is still planned, aquatheater is the only thing in discussion, tomorrow the'll send another email about progress, so if your cruise is after mine you dont have to be afraid.  Feel free to call them and confirm

11 hours ago, twangster said:

I understand your sentiments as someone who had their sailing cancelled from this event.  I was supposed to board yesterday.  We would be heading towards San Juan on a sea day today with 13 more nights ahead of us.  

Having followed this closely my gut feeling is that May 5th will go as planned.  She has proven she is capable of cruising at normal cruise speed several days in a row on her way across.  The work in the dry dock below the water line will proceed quickly now, it will be done in a few days, likely by Friday or maybe Saturday.  Since they have another week they may do a few more things below the water line like painting just because they can.

The work on the handful of guest balconies and railing on deck 15 is minor and won't take long to repair.  

The only question is the functionality of the Aqua Theater.  There have been Caribbean cruises where the Aqua shows were all or partially cancelled due to weather.  That's unfortunate but it's the weather.  You may miss an Aqua show.  Unfortunate but accidents happen.  On the other hand maybe repairs to the theater are progressing well and it is too soon to notify guests they will miss the show.  

With the exception of the Aqua theater and aft area the rest of the ship was untouched.  She is still the great ship she that we both booked.

Enjoy your cruise!

11 hours ago, KathyC said:

First, welcome to our boards!  

Second, this is a fan blog and not Royal Caribbean.  Unfortunately Royal does not read these posts.  You're best contacting them directly.  They are very responsive on both Facebook and Twitter. 

Thank you very much for the information I do appreciate it.

11 hours ago, twangster said:

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you very much for your response.

11 hours ago, Velseg said:

As said before, I have a cruise booked on may 5th, they send me email saying my cruise is still planned, aquatheater is the only thing in discussion, tomorrow the'll send another email about progress, so if your cruise is after mine you dont have to be afraid.  Feel free to call them and confirm

thank you for the update.

The aqua theatre is on schedule to be open. However there will be no lifts operating in the pool. So the “Oasis of Dreams” show is not planned to return until it has undergone dry dock in sept. But there will be other shows. The rest of the ship will be in full gear. Lots to do on the Oasis. 

2 minutes ago, LeeMannn said:

The aqua theatre is on schedule to be open. However there will be no lifts operating in the pool. So the “Oasis of Dreams” show is not planned to return until it has undergone dry dock in sept. But there will be other shows. The rest of the ship will be in full gear. Lots to do on the Oasis. 

May I inquire as to what the source is that states the lifts won't be operating? The email from RC earlier today suggested that the Aqua theatre will be repaired in time for 5/5 and makes no mention of only a partial repair. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, scottish67 said:

May I inquire as to what the source is that states the lifts won't be operating? The email from RC earlier today suggested that the Aqua theatre will be repaired in time for 5/5 and makes no mention of only a partial repair. Thanks!

The lifts will move. But not fast enough for a full show. So they can be up or down. As long as they are down they can do a show. But not Oasis of Dreams as it need all three lifts to work independently. Cast members are rehearsing Aqua Nation in its place.