Panoramic vs Balcony

Trevor

Hi,

Hoping for some advice.  With today's Kids Sail Free,we have a pretty good savings!  We are on Adventure of the Seas and originally in an Interior.  With the current promotion I'm considering upgrading to either a Balcony or Panoramic Ocean View.  It is my wife, two boys (6 and 3) and myself in the cabin.  We have done Interior twice with both kids and can manage the space ok.  My question is, who has sailed with two kids and used the pull out sofa instead of the pullman bunks of the interior rooms?  I feel like any extra space would be reduced with the bed pulled out?!  I may just keep the savings and stay in the Interior.  Might put the savings towards trying the Key or more excursions?  Thank you for any tips or advice on the Panoramic or Balcony!  Also for anybody who has done both, do you prefer the Balcony or Panoramic?

Thank you

1 hour ago, Trevor said:

Thank you for any tips or advice on the Panoramic or Balcony!

I have not stayed in Panoramic room, but it's pretty nice.  The views are terrific and there is a lot of space in them.

Let's be honest, 4 people in any room will mean space is at a premium. Not sure one has an inherit benefit over the other, other than the fact the balcony has a balcony.  I'm not someone that spends a super long amount of time on a balcony, so perhaps that perk is lost on me.

Thanks for the replies,  I just switched our inside cabin for a panoramic ocean view.  I got the kind of pie shaped one - cabin 1864 so it has a huge wall of windows!  Won't have to worry about kids being on the balcony alone this way!  Excited about the view as our last 2 cruises were inside rooms!

27 minutes ago, Trevor said:

Thanks for the replies,  I just switched our inside cabin for a panoramic ocean view.  I got the kind of pie shaped one - cabin 1864 so it has a huge wall of windows!  Won't have to worry about kids being on the balcony alone this way!  Excited about the view as our last 2 cruises were inside rooms!

I've never stayed in one either (usually get 2 balconies) but when one was available for my upcoming Mariner sailing I jumped on it.  It's a short sailing so we're all (4 of us) going to stay in it together vs 2 cabins.  I was lucky that 1864 was available as it's the only "pie shaped" Panoramic Cabin and it's priced the same as the "regular" ones.  The same cabin on the starboard side is an accessible cabin, which I was able to check out on a previous sailing since I had a friend staying in it.  It was really nice with amazing views!  

58 minutes ago, yzfmik said:

I've never stayed in one either (usually get 2 balconies) but when one was available for my upcoming Mariner sailing I jumped on it.  It's a short sailing so we're all (4 of us) going to stay in it together vs 2 cabins.  I was lucky that 1864 was available as it's the only "pie shaped" Panoramic Cabin and it's priced the same as the "regular" ones.  The same cabin on the starboard side is an accessible cabin, which I was able to check out on a previous sailing since I had a friend staying in it.  It was really nice with amazing views!  

If you don't mind coming back after and letting me know how it went with 4 that would be awesome?  Our kids will have to share the pullout couch but realistically that is better than trying to have our 3 year old on the Pullman bunk.  Another reason for the switch as it just wouldn't be safe.  Last cruise he just slept with us as we weren't comfortable with him on the bunk.

Just now, Trevor said:

If you don't mind coming back after and letting me know how it went with 4 that would be awesome?  Our kids will have to share the pullout couch but realistically that is better than trying to have our 3 year old on the Pullman bunk.  Another reason for the switch as it just wouldn't be safe.  Last cruise he just slept with us as we weren't comfortable with him on the bunk.

I sure will!  My kids are 16 & 20 (see why I book them their own cabin!).  I think that HUGE window will make it all worth while!

On 4/1/2019 at 2:49 PM, Trevor said:

Hi,

Hoping for some advice.  With today's Kids Sail Free,we have a pretty good savings!  We are on Adventure of the Seas and originally in an Interior.  With the current promotion I'm considering upgrading to either a Balcony or Panoramic Ocean View.  It is my wife, two boys (6 and 3) and myself in the cabin.  We have done Interior twice with both kids and can manage the space ok.  My question is, who has sailed with two kids and used the pull out sofa instead of the pullman bunks of the interior rooms?  I feel like any extra space would be reduced with the bed pulled out?!  I may just keep the savings and stay in the Interior.  Might put the savings towards trying the Key or more excursions?  Thank you for any tips or advice on the Panoramic or Balcony!  Also for anybody who has done both, do you prefer the Balcony or Panoramic?

Thank you

Just making sure I am following your question... do mean the panoramic view stateroom or the Oceanview Panoramic Suite? There are only two of the suites at the front of the ship and those are much larger and have a second “bedroom” with bunk beads. I am assuming the former since the prices would be much more comparable to a balcony, but assuming isn’t usually wise, so I thought I should ask. And if you somewhere and I missed it, sorry

Edit: I just noticed that in a later post someone mentioned cabin1864 which is the non-suite and someone smaller option (It was just at the answer for me would’ve been very different depending on which type, so I was trying to clear that up! Happy sailing!