Buying essentials on board or prior?

VinceC

Since I am flying in the day prior, I could run out to the store to get some essentials for the ship, examples are shampoo, body wash, sunscreen, etc.

Would it be worth it to run around the day prior to get these items or just get them on the ship?

22 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

DEFINITELY get them before you board.  Everything is always waaay more expensive on the ship and the choices are usually very limited.

+1 on the above.  The choices are very limited.  I was worried about running out of sunscreen and couldn't find it anywhere on the ship!  I know I've seen sunscreen on other ships so was surprised when my last cruise didn't have it.  

Thats the handy part of flying in the night before.   We usually walk from the hotel to a local store and pick up things that are inconvenient to fly with like extra sunblock, a can of lysol and air freshener spray (for the bathroom) and a container of Clorox wipes.    We are picky about wiping down the room some before we go in and unpack and to spray down the shower and bathroom floor with lysol spray.    Just pet peeves of ours...lol.     But yes, things on the ship are VERY expensive like toothpaste, toiletries, etc.

Sailing out of Galveston makes this question easy!!  Simply jump on the trolley ($1) and run down to the Walmart on the beach front and grab everything you need.  Last year we did just that....we packed with no liquids...took trolley down to Walmart and bought what we needed (and some we didn't), grabbed BBQ at an award winning BBQ hole-in-the-wall in front of it and headed back to the hotel.  easy-peasy!
For my sailing in 27(!!!) days i plan the same thing only this time we are also stopping at a sports store along the route to grab flippers (saves packing them!).