Glass Blocks and Minors

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

4.  A commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140, 210, 280 and 350 cruise points and on every 70 cruise points thereafter.

No mention of an age qualification.  

Time to email C&A and ask them. 

crownandanchor@rccl.com

Are the blocks awarded one per household? 

6 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Are the blocks awarded one per household? 

I don't think so.  Hence why so many appear on auction sites.

"...will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140..."

@Sweety - have you crossed a block threshold at the same time as someone else in your household in the same cabin?

have you crossed a block threshold at the same time as someone else in your household in the same cabin?

YES - We have both sailed the exact same cruises.  We have been awarded one block with each 70 point achievement.  If you know of anybody looking for  "LIBERTY" block.  We have 3 and are certainly willing to part with 2 of them.  CHEAP!

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

I don't think so.  Hence why so many appear on auction sites.

"...will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140..."

@Sweety - have you crossed a block threshold at the same time as someone else in your household in the same cabin?

Yes, they only gave one. My hubby and I. They owe us some blocks. We use different last names.

You all probably know this already, but the Loyalty officer who just signed my kids up said that they will have their cruise points reset to zero at age 18.  They will keep their earned/grandfathered tier status, but will have to start over with points once they hit that limit.  My 10 year old is often reminding me we should get to Diamond Plus in the next 8 years. 

Point of that was if they want to hit 140 is will have to be sooner than later.

2 hours ago, jagnew said:

You all probably know this already, but the Loyalty officer who just signed my kids up said that they will have their cruise points reset to zero at age 18.  They will keep their earned/grandfathered tier status, but will have to start over with points once they hit that limit.  My 10 year old is often reminding me we should get to Diamond Plus in the next 8 years. 

Point of that was if they want to hit 140 is will have to be sooner than later.

They do not reset to zero.  They are reset to actual points the minor earned by cruising.  The status, however, remains.  Example: the minor cruised once with Diamond parents on a 7 night cruise.  The account would show the minor as Diamond with the parents’ total points.  After turning 18, the account would show Diamond with 7 points.  To reach Diamond Plus would require earning 168 additional cruise points.

The Crystal Blocks are one per household.  My husband has 14 fewer actual points than I have so he would have received a block on the cruise following the one “I” received the 280 Crystal Block if we were each entitled to one. 

We have always only received 1 crystal block for each milestone UNTIL this past cruise on Anthem where our Genie brought 2 of them.  I think this was more a function of having a Genie handling this than it was of the Loyalty Ambassador giving us each a block.  My understanding has always been that there is just 1 block awarded.

I ended up trading my "extra" Anthem block for an Oasis block with someone on that "other" site.

Thanks all. Looks like my kids are out of luck until they cruise on their own. 

Also, @jagnew, their points do not reset to zero. It is a bit tricky to understand but basically when they turn 18, they retain parental status but their points will be whatever they have accumulated up until that point on their own. So for example, when my 12 year old turns 18 in a few years, Hubby and I will likely be D+ by then. She will retain D+ status but she might only have 150 points on her own. 

6 minutes ago, jagnew said:

Sorry to have derailed the thread, and thank you all for the input .  I'll have to roll the dice with the next loyalty ambassador we meet, since this last one seems to have been a champ.

No need to discuss it with the LA on board.  They can't change points or anything of that nature.  They email CAS at corporate and wait to hear back just like you can.  

The process of CAS relationships and dependents is somewhat vague.  The actual verbiage of the program is as follows:

• A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above. Pinnacle Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their parent and/or guardian. Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse or significant other by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more in the CAS program.
  • For all tiers except Pinnacle Club, a relationship is defined as a spouse or significant other and children less than 18 years old. For Pinnacle Club a relationship is considered a spouse and/or significant other. Children will be taken out of a relationship with a parent or guardian upon their 18th birthday date. If it is found that a dependent or child is not immediately removed from a relationship upon their 18th birthday and accumulates a higher tier status outside of this time period, the dependents record will be adjusted back to the appropriate tier status.

So let's say you are Diamond when your children turn 18.  Soon after you earn Diamond Plus.  CAS neglected to remove your dependent children from the "Relationship" and they were automatically assigned Diamond Plus when you earned it.  By rules they should not have eared D+.  If discovered, they would be set back to Diamond, the status they had before they were 18.  It does NOT state they will be reset to zero, rather "adjusted back to the appropriate tier status."

Their CAS points will always be what they have actually sailed in their lifetime.  If they sailed just one 7 night cruise and have 7 points, at age 18 they would have 7 points and Diamond status since in my example that is what you had when they turned 18.  In my example, they will have to reach 175 points all on their own starting with just 7 points to become D+.  

• 2 weeks later...
On April 1, 2019 at 10:00 PM, twangster said:

No need to discuss it with the LA on board.  They can't change points or anything of that nature.  They email CAS at corporate and wait to hear back just like you can.  

The process of CAS relationships and dependents is somewhat vague.  The actual verbiage of the program is as follows:

• A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above. Pinnacle Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their parent and/or guardian. Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse or significant other by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more in the CAS program.
  • For all tiers except Pinnacle Club, a relationship is defined as a spouse or significant other and children less than 18 years old. For Pinnacle Club a relationship is considered a spouse and/or significant other. Children will be taken out of a relationship with a parent or guardian upon their 18th birthday date. If it is found that a dependent or child is not immediately removed from a relationship upon their 18th birthday and accumulates a higher tier status outside of this time period, the dependents record will be adjusted back to the appropriate tier status.

So let's say you are Diamond when your children turn 18.  Soon after you earn Diamond Plus.  CAS neglected to remove your dependent children from the "Relationship" and they were automatically assigned Diamond Plus when you earned it.  By rules they should not have eared D+.  If discovered, they would be set back to Diamond, the status they had before they were 18.  It does NOT state they will be reset to zero, rather "adjusted back to the appropriate tier status."

Their CAS points will always be what they have actually sailed in their lifetime.  If they sailed just one 7 night cruise and have 7 points, at age 18 they would have 7 points and Diamond status since in my example that is what you had when they turned 18.  In my example, they will have to reach 175 points all on their own starting with just 7 points to become D+.  

So, essentially,they keep their tier at 18, but have to earn a new higher one after 18 with their own points. 

We are in same boat as many.  Nearly D+ ( two cruises short), but kid will only have earned Diamond points by the time he's 18.  If we reach D+ before he's 18, he keeps that D+ status,  but points reset to what he ( kudos has personally earned) .  

• 2 years later...