Cruise in December

Best part of sailing in early December is this is one of the lowest cruise price times. December weather in Orlando at that time is hit or miss. Been there at that time and it has been in the low 80's and sun and also have had 60's and rain.  Average is around 70-75. Likely that your ports of call should be nicer weather. IMO, anytime is a good time for a cruise.

We’ve been in early January - during our visit, the water was choppy and there was a pretty rough storm (you don’t want to be in a small boat with 15’ swells and a need to get back to land through it). But a storm can come up at any time at any point in the year. The water was warm enough for swimming, but not very warm (around 80). Orlando’s weather should be mild as the very least and likely 70ish (my sister lives there, it is rarely truly cold).

12 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We did in December 2017.  It was the first week of December.  Weather was great.  It did not have that hot, muggy feeling that you get in the summer in the Caribbean.  Still warm enough to wear tanks and shorts.  The water was really cold that day.

I went on a Caribbean cruise in early December 2018 and I agree with the things that @Lovetocruise2002 said abound not only about her cruise in December but all winter cruises.

I have been on 4 cruises, 2 of them in the summer, 1 in mid fall, 1 in late fall and 1 in the winter. I did not enjoy the 3 cruises that I went on in the summer because it was mostly hot and humid and muggy. But I did I like the 2 fall better then the summer cruise because it was not as hot or humid/muggy, I loved the cruise that I took in December because even through it was winter it was not cold but that could just be because I had cruises to the Caribbean. Also the Caribbean ocean RC’s pool’s was warm.

7 minutes ago, griswold81 said:

My question is what is the water like?  Cold or warm?

The Caribbean waters are warm, but if you are to go swimming  in the Florida waters at first the water is cold but when you have been swimming in the Florida waters for a few minutes the cold Floridia waters will now feel warm.

Mid November to mid April is the best time for weather in Florida thru the Caribbean. There can be fronts that come through from the north that can turn the weather bad for a few days but that is about it.

Watch the national weather, when it is horrible and icy and snow in the plains, midwest and new england it is great here.

Just know that when it dips below 70 we think it is cold and if it gets to the 50's...OMG its freezing.

On 4/1/2019 at 7:38 AM, griswold81 said:

I too am going on a cruise the first week of December, my first out of Miami.  I'm coming form Iowa where the high could be 40 or 0 at that time so 60's or 70's will feel nice.  My question is what is the water like?  Cold or warm?

We’ve cruised the last few December’s and the water in the Caribbean has always been nice. You might run into a day of rain, but nothing like the storms during hurricane season. 

I too am going on a cruise the first week of December, my first out of Miami.  I'm coming form Iowa where the high could be 40 or 0 at that time so 60's or 70's will feel nice.  My question is what is the water like?  Cold or warm?

We’ve cruised the last few December’s and the water in the Caribbean has always been nice. You might run into a day of rain, but nothing like the storms during hurricane season.