Quantum Class

As a Diamond Member & a cruiser “Loyal to Royal”, I find it extremely disappointing that Royal keeps sending most of their Quantum Class Ships to the Chinese market. I live in Florida where it is so easy to drive to the Port & hop on a ship. We’ve done all the Oasis Class ships. They are beautiful but we’re tired off the subpar itineraries & each ship is amazing but basically the same. It’s gotten old. Now the Spectrum is coming out & it’s going to China.  I don’t understand why Royal doesn’t send the Allure or Oasis over to China? Give us a Quantum Class ship here in Florida? After all we are only the Cruising Capital of the World.

Frusterated Cruiser

11 minutes ago, Skiall70 said:

As a Diamond Member & a cruiser “Loyal to Royal”, I find it extremely disappointing that Royal keeps sending most of their Quantum Class Ships to the Chinese market. I live in Florida where it is so easy to drive to the Port & hop on a ship. We’ve done all the Oasis Class ships. They are beautiful but we’re tired off the subpar itineraries & each ship is amazing but basically the same. It’s gotten old. Now the Spectrum is coming out & it’s going to China.  I don’t understand why Royal doesn’t send the Allure or Oasis over to China? Give us a Quantum Class ship here in Florida? After all we are only the Cruising Capital of the World.

Frusterated Cruiser

Weren't Quantum class really built for cold-weather  weather regions?

Oasis Class aren't really suited to China whereas Quantum Class are.

No need to complain too much - Anthem is in NJ this summer and Ovation in Seattle - both US ports. Odyssey which debuts next fall will be based in Fort Lauderdale for her inaugural season, so that means that only 2 of the 5 ships are Asian based, which is less than half.

3 hours ago, Joe01 said:

Oasis Class aren't really suited to China whereas Quantum Class are.

No need to complain too much - Anthem is in NJ this summer and Ovation in Seattle - both US ports. Odyssey which debuts next fall will be based in Fort Lauderdale for her inaugural season, so that means that only 2 of the 5 ships are Asian based, which is less than half.

Floridians don't like to fly to cruise. ?  (She lovingly says about her Florida friends who know exactly who they are and agree with me!) 

37 minutes ago, KathyC said:

Floridians don't like to fly to cruise. ?  (She lovingly says about her Florida friends who know exactly who they are and agree with me!) 

Well, I'm sure we would all love to not have to fly to get to a cruise. I'm from Scotland and have to fly to all ships so absolutely 0 sympathy for them not having a Quantum in their backyard.

On 3/30/2019 at 2:14 PM, Skiall70 said:

, I find it extremely disappointing that Royal keeps sending most of their Quantum Class Ships to the Chinese market. I live in Florida where it is so easy to drive to the Port & hop on a ship. We’ve done all the Oasis Class ships.

Not to belittle your experience, but I cannot help but smirk at comments like these. As a fellow Floridian, we are spoiled to have four Oasis Class ships from Florida.  Talk to folks from California, Australia, and a half dozen other ports about lack of cruise ship choice! ?

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Not to belittle your experience, but I cannot help but smirk at comments like these. As a fellow Floridian, we are spoiled to have four Oasis Class ships from Florida.  Talk to folks from California, Australia, and a half dozen other ports about lack of cruise ship choice! ?

Yeah!!!