UltraSpacious versus adjoining cabins

MeganK

Hey there! We are planning a cruise with our three kiddos agea 10, 10, and 7. We have been given quotes for both the ultra spacious ocean view room and two adjoining ocean view rooms. For the most part, the pricing is about the same on both. I am wondering if anyone has any experinces with these rooms and can help us to decide between them. As far as going with two adjoining rooms, I am very intrigued by the idea of having two bathrooms available for our use, and the option to have some privacy from them in the evenings. However, I found a video and photos of the ultra spacious ocean view rooms, and they are truly spacious. I think it would feel like we had tons of room to move around in there versus the confinement of the two tiny rooms...even though there are two of them. Is this making any sense? Any insight would be very much appreciated! ? Oh and as an aside but not that important, does anyone know if we did book two adjoining rooms and put each of us adults in a room, would we be able to purchase only one alcohol package instead of being forced to purchase two? Thanks!!

@MeganK, assuming you are talking about Cat. 1K, if you look at the deck plans you can tell which ones have which configurations.  The ones on Deck 8 have a different configuration compared to the others on Deck 6, 7, 9.  The Deck 8 ones have a separation between the master/living area/kids bedroom.  The other ones on the other decks are more like a larger ocean view room with bunks in the the closet area.  Make sure you take a look at what deck you are booking and make sure you are ok with that configuration.  If you look in my Indy blog (link in signature below), we had the ones on Deck 8.  We had 2 kids with us.  It was sufficient space for a short cruise.  It was nice because the kids actually had "room".  I would not have liked the ones on Deck 6, 7, 9.  The kids are basically in a closet with a curtain.

My opinion is to always go for 2 rooms.  Besides the 2 bathrooms, you can actually have a conversation in the evening when the kiddos are asleep or you can sleep in a bit if they are early risers.  We don't spend that much time in our room besides dressing and sleeping so the extra space is worthless to me.  

2 hours ago, melski94 said:

My opinion is to always go for 2 rooms.  Besides the 2 bathrooms, you can actually have a conversation in the evening when the kiddos are asleep or you can sleep in a bit if they are early risers.  We don't spend that much time in our room besides dressing and sleeping so the extra space is worthless to me.  

Agree.  Two rooms, especially adjoining would be our preference if there is no difference in price.  We've done this before and it has worked well.

I have a family of 5 and we always do the Ultra spacious, but my family is young and the price always worked out cheaper for the ultra spacious. We love the room, but next time I book I will do 2 adjoining rooms since my kids are getting older and everyone is starting to need more privacy.

I agree with everyone else though, especially if the price is the same. Do the 2 rooms