Booked Excursions Can't be Viewed in Cruise Planner

I'm one of those who check my cruise planner regularly looking for price drops. 

On an upcoming cruise I've booked five excursions through Royal but they have mysteriously disappeared from my cruise planner view.  They are present in my Order History but being unable to view them at their current price means I can't check for price drops.

I first noticed this a few weeks ago but wrote it off and was busy vacationing.  Looking again today I still couldn't see my booked excursions being offered any more. 

On another site I asked within my roll call if any one could see my booked excursions being offered for sale.  Other people can see them.  Only I can't see them.  

It seems Royal has found a new way to make sure people can't take advantage of price drops by hiding items you have already purchased from your view.  

Has any one else noticed this?

I noticed that the excursion I purchased on Curacao for Freedom in April wasn't on the CP anymore.  I just assumed that it had sold out but it seems highly unlikely that 5 of yours have coincidentally sold out.  Hmmm...that does seem bizarre.

Your thesis seems as likely as any.  Probably just don't want you cancelling and rebooking.  But then, it seems highly unlikely that Royal IT could figure out how to do that....sounds a little complex for them...

That Curacao excursion is the only one that I have booked through Royal at the moment. The one I have for Aruba is a Resort for a Day booking.

I guess the only way to check your thesis would be to ask someone on your Roll Call to check and see if they are able to view one of the excursions you have booked (but they have not).

9 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I guess the only way to check your thesis would be to ask someone on your Roll Call to check and see if they are able to view one of the excursions you have booked (but they have not).

That is exactly what I did.  Two other guests can see my excursions available for purchase and provided the price.  It was the same as what I paid.  

4 hours ago, twangster said:

I'm one of those who check my cruise planner regularly looking for price drops. 

On an upcoming cruise I've booked five excursions through Royal but they have mysteriously disappeared from my cruise planner view.  They are present in my Order History but being unable to view them at their current price means I can't check for price drops.

I first noticed this a few weeks ago but wrote it off and was busy vacationing.  Looking again today I still couldn't see my booked excursions being offered any more. 

On another site I asked within my roll call if any one could see my booked excursions being offered for sale.  Other people can see them.  Only I can't see them.  

It seems Royal has found a new way to make sure people can't take advantage of price drops by hiding items you have already purchased from your view.  

Has any one else noticed this?

Yes, three of my fishing excursions for this summer's Alaska Radiance Southbound have been gone for MONTHS. They show up in order history and my calendar. I sent shorex@rccl.com an email to verify that those excursions are still "a go" since we paid for them and that they appear in our calendar and order history. They said "yes". Magically, 12 hrs or so after my email, one of them populated the CP, again. To note, I've not received any refunds. Also to note, tried the old incognito and new browser tricks that I so often recommend. Nada.

Further, our Harmony March 2021 sailing: reserve a cabana at South Beach. Paid for it. Shows up in the calendar. Is it available now? Heck no! Although, apparently I'm being offered the opportunity to swim with swine in Roatan!

Edited by Baked Alaska
Grammar police and date correction

11 minutes ago, twangster said:

Yeah the "modify" link does something similar but it doesn't always show you a price.  I have a couple that get hung up on "Choose Language" but you can't choose anything.  It won't advance to display the price.  

From my calendar, I click on the  "Details"  link. It brings up the whole listing with all the options. The below image/offering/excursion does NOT appear on my planner, but I can then bring it up through the details button for the excursion in my calendar:

image.thumb.png.857dc5c20f2053835016d7519a7029f7.png

11 minutes ago, twangster said:

I had that last year.  Except it actually listed CocoCay excursions like JetSkiing.  

I see what you are saying about the "Details" link.  Just need a price drop to test it out!

I can give you anecdotal evidence of the price INCREASE (yeah, I know "duh") with the current issues we are discussing. I cancelled and booked the ISP Stream Fly-Fishing excursion (see below) during the BF sale (originally $249 as below, sale price $224). We moved our time to the second excursion time offered without a price increase in February. This excursion in question also does NOT appear in my cruise planner. Hasn't been there in months.

image.thumb.png.3a0b476a17da584d67635cf01eeae797.png

I've never understood the draw to swimming with animals.  

In St. Maarten we did a horse ride that ended with riding the horses into the water on a beach.  One of the horses in front of us did what horses do.  Manure was floating all around us.  We all tried to lift our legs out of water but it's hard to ride a horse with your legs on top of them.  We joke about it to this day but never again.     Now when we hear people talk with excitement about their upcoming excursion and riding a horse on the beach we just give each other than knowing look.  Never again.

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

In St. Maarten we did a horse ride that ended with riding the horses into the water on a beach.  One of the horses in front of us did what horses do.  Manure was floating all around us.  We all tried to lift our legs out of water but it's hard to ride a horse with your legs on top of them.  We joke about it to this day but never again.     Now when we hear people talk with excitement about their upcoming excursion and riding a horse on the beach we just give each other than knowing look.  Never again.

"They" see EXCITEMENT. Twanger et al. sees EXCREMENT. 

4 hours ago, twangster said:

One of my favorite things to do with my horse is take her in the lake and go swimming.  Yes, occasionally they poop in the water (I think it's happened once to me over the years). Meh, not that big of a deal - horse poop is pretty benign.  (This is from a former zookeeper who has dealt with excrement on ALL levels - herbivores are nothing. Unless we're talking tapirs, which nobody ever does, but I have stories).  As far as the woman filming her husband filming the moose who said "I totally get it", she really doesn't get it.

Hmmmm. I saw games they played last year along these lines. I did the different browser trick to get a better price on the whole booking. In fact I did that this year. Not sure if its related but once I pulled the trigger on this next cruise voom I lost the ability to get pricing or availability on the "Key". 

14 hours ago, deep1 said:

Hmmmm. I saw games they played last year along these lines. I did the different browser trick to get a better price on the whole booking. In fact I did that this year. Not sure if its related but once I pulled the trigger on this next cruise voom I lost the ability to get pricing or availability on the "Key". 

The Key might just be sold out for your sailing.

I checked my cruise planner today, because of the 30% sale, and found that the excursion that I'd booked for June had gone down $18 per person, so I was able to cancel and rebook it.  I was sort of terrified that I'd cancel it and find that it would sell out in the 2 minutes it took me to rebook it, but all went well.

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

The Key might just be sold out for your sailing.

I checked my cruise planner today, because of the 30% sale, and found that the excursion that I'd booked for June had gone down $18 per person, so I was able to cancel and rebook it.  I was sort of terrified that I'd cancel it and find that it would sell out in the 2 minutes it took me to rebook it, but all went well.

I have to laugh...I just went through the same scenario with the dining package on my Thanksgiving NAV Cruise.  The price on the package dropped from $106 to $95 so I cancelled and as quickly as I could, rebooked. The price on the drinks pkg had dropped from $56 PP/PD to $49 so I went ahead and purchased that too.  No way would I pay $56 but $49, while still too much, was palatable. Frankly, I was surprised to see a price drop of any kind on that cruise b/c of it being a holiday cruise.  Nice surprise though.

Yesterday I was looking at the cruise planner for my May 5 cruise. My booked excursions would show up one minute but when I exited the shore excursions section for that port and reentered, it would disappear. It did this repeatedly.

It was very nerve-wracking to cancel an excursion, not knowing whether it would appear for me to rebook at a lower price. I eventually got my three excursions rebooked and saved about 25%

1 minute ago, stevendom57 said:

Yesterday I was looking at the cruise planner for my May 5 cruise. My booked excursions would show up one minute but when I exited the shore excursions section for that port and reentered, it would disappear. It did this repeatedly.

It was very nerve-wracking to cancel an excursion, not knowing whether it would appear for me to rebook at a lower price. I eventually got my three excursions rebooked and saved about 25%

Same thing has been going on with my Harmony sailing. . . For over 2 years away!

Confirmed with yesterday’s price drops.  On two of my cruises my purchased excursions are hidden from the cruise planner until I cancel them, then they magically appear for me to buy again at the lower price.  Once re-booked they disappear once again.  

On a different cruise they don’t disappear and it’s the classic approach to look for price drops.  

14 minutes ago, twangster said:

Confirmed with yesterday’s price drops.  On two of my cruises my purchased excursions are hidden from the cruise planner until I cancel them, then they magically appear for me to buy again at the lower price.  Once re-booked they disappear once again.  

On a different cruise they don’t disappear and it’s the classic approach to look for price drops.  

This frustrates me. Seriously, what does that say about Royal? Is it ethical? Is it good business practice? I don't know. I see reasons for and against doing what they are doing. This is like checking out at the grocery store and upon checkout, the grocery store hides all product I just purchased or leaving it out on the shelf and saying you can't buy that unless you return your purchase and buy again. Maybe I want MORE. Nope, return the purchase in your cart and then we'll talk. WHAT????????

If it doesn't happen on all sailings might it just be one of those IT technical glitches and not an actual intentional practice on RCL's part? If it was policy, then you'd think anytime you booked an excursion it would disappear from the cruise planner, yet that's not the case for every sailing.

11 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

If it doesn't happen on all sailings might it just be one of those IT technical glitches and not an actual intentional practice on RCL's part? If it was policy, then you'd think anytime you booked an excursion it would disappear from the cruise planner, yet that's not the case for every sailing.

For two of three booked sailings, this is happening. I've no excursions reserved on one of these sailing, so I can't comment on that one. . .yet.

1 minute ago, twangster said:

So I just tried another cruise.  Booked an excursion and poof!  It is no longer visible in my cruise planner.  

Caribbean cruises are not exhibiting this characteristic, but now three of my non-Caribbean cruises are.  

My Alaskan and Caribbean cruises are exhibiting said issue

Just so that everyone sees what I see, here are excursions for a Hawaii port.  The '15' at the top is the count of excursions for this port.  

4711607_disappearingexcursionspre.thumb.jpeg.5454b140eccb47cf9c09a01f3024af5a.jpeg

Purchase an excursion, and it disappears.  Now there are only '14' excursions listed for this port.

2094111599_disappearingexcursionspost.thumb.jpeg.9f860c6110af1424acf499c3d20ac2f7.jpeg

Notice how my snorkeling adventure has disappeared.  It's in my calendar and order history though.  If I cancel this purchase it re-appears in the list.