New england and canada cruise

We are sailing on Adventure, October 7. It is 13 days, starts in Quebec City and ends in Ft. Lauderdale. We are excited because we have never sailed Canada/New England before. It had to be the right ports, because we get all the Fall colors we want right here at home. This is a Snowbird repositioning cruise and is the same price as their 9 day cruise that ends in New Jersey.

Here is a live blog from last October's "Snowbird Migration".

While your cruise may not start in Quebec City, many of the ports of call are commonly found in Canada/NE itineraries that start in the Northeast.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/9521-adventure-ots-13-night-snowbird-migration-quebec-to-ft-lauderdale-oct-8-2018

Celebrity did a 14 night round trip from Newark, NJ to Quebec and back. What was different was instead of just combining 2 one ways(7 up and 7 back with same ports), they did all the US ports on the way up and the Canadian ports on the way down with an overnight in Quebec. Not sure if they still have this itinerary.

Balcony is preferred, but these sailings sometimes come at a premium price. We did a 7 night round trip(New York) in a balcony, however the trip mentioned above was quite expensive for a balcony. We did that one in an interior and still enjoyed the sailing very much.

19 minutes ago, Bob_KY said:

We did an October 7day  cruise on the Brilliance OTS.  We wanted to see the trees changing color.  Started in Boston stopping at Halifax, Saint John, Bar Harbor and Portland.  Beautiful...

This is the same itinerary and ship for the Oct 2020 Royal Caribbean Blog Group Cruise!

8 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

This is the same itinerary and ship for the Oct 2020 Royal Caribbean Blog Group Cruise!

Being from Louisville, Ky, --- lobster, lobster, lobster was my mantra with the B52s' as background music during our cruise.  

5 hours ago, L454S said:

Celebrity did a 14 night round trip from Newark, NJ to Quebec and back. What was different was instead of just combining 2 one ways(7 up and 7 back with same ports), they did all the US ports on the way up and the Canadian ports on the way down with an overnight in Quebec. Not sure if they still have this itinerary.

While it's short notice, they do still have that itinerary being offered this year on September 8, September 22, and October 6.

For 2020, though, the closest you'll get is a 12-night sailing in June that looks like it does all but one of the last ports. Celebrity is changing up the itineraries offered on the Summit out of NJ for that year, with a focus on an open-jaw Iceland & Greenland sailing in August (NJ to Dublin, followed by a Dublin to Boston reverse sailing that completes her repositioning for the fall); before that, it's mainly Bermuda / Newport or Bermuda / Newport / Charleston sailings, plus a couple of 9-night Maine & Canada sailings, and then the CA / NE itineraries out of Boston afterward before repositioning back to the south for the winter season.

4 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes, they do.  The upcoming Brilliance Group Cruise to New England and Canada is the most money I've ever paid for an Owner's Suite !

Yeah, I opted for an ocean view room on this one (frankly, it was the only room left at the group rate anyway).  I'll miss my balcony!  Maybe as it gets closer I'll give in and try to move up from the bowels of the ship - Mr. SpeedNoodles is totally fine with the porthole, though, so I don't know that I'll be able to make a valid argument for the switch.

16 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Yeah, I opted for an ocean view room on this one (frankly, it was the only room left at the group rate anyway).  I'll miss my balcony!  Maybe as it gets closer I'll give in and try to move up from the bowels of the ship - Mr. SpeedNoodles is totally fine with the porthole, though, so I don't know that I'll be able to make a valid argument for the switch.

Maybe you’ll get a RoyalUp to the Royal Suite !

We did one years ago - when I checked recently it seemed many of them seemed super pricey  (maybe because there are less of them?). We went in October and while you never know what the weather will be, we froze our tuchuses off! ⛄️  It just made it fairly miserable. Next time around I am thinking August...

16 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

We did one years ago - when I checked recently it seemed many of them seemed super pricey  (maybe because there are less of them?). We went in October and while you never know what the weather will be, we froze our tuchuses off! ⛄️  It just made it fairly miserable. Next time around I am thinking August...

This is definitely true - it could be gorgeous, it could be miserable.  When we went it was a combination.  The weather on shore was great - but we got caught in the tail of Hurricane Ivan (I'm sure downgraded from a hurricane by then) and had 35 foot swells, which kept us from stopping in Sydney and put most of the ships in their rooms from queasiness.  But they opened up some of the lower bars with free mimosas and Bloody Marys, so we were happy!

2 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

This is definitely true - it could be gorgeous, it could be miserable.  When we went it was a combination.  The weather on shore was great - but we got caught in the tail of Hurricane Ivan (I'm sure downgraded from a hurricane by then) and had 35 foot swells, which kept us from stopping in Sydney and put most of the ships in their rooms from queasiness.  But they opened up some of the lower bars with free mimosas and Bloody Marys, so we were happy!

Ivan... ugh. Definitely prime time is hurricane season and you never know. But you surely hope to avoid 35’ swells ?

1 hour ago, mlarrick said:

Sure was...

Haven't cruised in quite some time as I lost my husband since then. First cruise with Royal again in 6 days ?

Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss.  Where will you be headed on your first cruise back? 

I thought missing Sydney and getting to spend two nights in Quebec was a much better deal on that cruise.

2 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Ooh, I'm doing the Western Caribbean on Rhapsody in Feb 2021!  I'm really looking forward to it (too bad it's sooo far away still!)

Have been on the Rhapsody before to Alaska. Haven't been to Belize or Roatan. Really looking forward tot this. Reading blogs and looking at the Website....Oh my how things have changed in 10 years!