First time on Oasis-need help

I am planning a warm weather vacation for January or February of 2020.  After consulting with my husband, we are doing a cruise instead of an All-inclusive land resort.  We did not enjoy a Disney cruise in the Caribbean years y ago with young kids, had a great time on a multi-generational Alaskan cruise with Princess (to see Glacier Bay) and loved it.  More recently, did an RC cruise from Southampton and it was awesome.  We were on Navigator of the Seas before the dry dock and loved it.  We are going to try an Oasis class for the winter.  I'd like to do a suite and am unclear about some of the advantages to Sky class vs. Sea class.  I know that Sky includes all day access to CK-wonderful.  I am more curious about what the concierge offers-do we get reserved seats for shows or any sort of priority for show reservations?  I'm a little worried (and alternately excited) about the size of the Oasis class ships and would like help navigating it.  I'm not ready to spring for Star class (don't want to be spoiled forever) but I can't tell if Sky class will give me enough help to justify the extra cost over a Junior suite.  Hence, I am asking the experts.  Many thanks in advance.  

Sky class is availabile only on Oasis and Quantom Class ship.

With Sky Class you get complimentary Voom internet, all day access to Coastal Kitchen, complimentary luggage valet (where it’s available), access to either the Suites Lounge or Concierge lounge (depending on the ship), priority security line and ship check in, access to Concierge service.  I’m sure I’m forgetting something.  Obviously your stateroom will be larger and usually more centrally located.  You will also get priority for seating at My Time Dining when you don’t have a reservation.  You will get priority access for ship disembarkation and a special reserved seating are in the entertainment venues.

57 minutes ago, Fairlynew said:

I'd like to do a suite and am unclear about some of the advantages to Sky class vs. Sea class. 

Sea Class - not much other than double C&A points, slightly larger room, priority embarkation with the suites section, and dinner only in CK depending on availability.  No concierge, no complimentary voom (internet), no complimentary room service, etc.

Sky Class - an example from Harmony

As a Sky Suite guest, you are offered exclusive amenities and services not available to other guests onboard.

For your convenience, here is a brief summary of our services:
·  Use of the Suite Lounge located on deck 17 aft.
·  A la Carte breakfast in Coastal Kitchen, Check the Daily Compass for the opening hours, (No reservation required)
·  Continental Breakfast serve in the lounge. Same hours than the Coastal Kitchen.
·  A la carte lunch from 12.00 to 1:30 pm daily  in Coastal Kitchen, Deck 17, (No reservations required)
·  Dinner served in Coastal Kitchen from 06:00 pm to 09:30 pm, Deck 17, (Reservations required)
·  Bar service is available from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm in the Suite Lounge, serving a wide array of beverages for purchase.
·  Hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup with a selection of wine, spirits, beer and soft drinks every evening from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
·  Spa bathrobes for use onboard and upgraded bathroom amenities
·  Exclusive Reception for Suite guests with Senior Officers. (Invitation will be sent to your suite).
·  In Suite Dining. Full Dining Room menu privilege through Room Service, available when the Dining Room is open (For menus, please refer to your stateroom television).
·  Priority reservations for any of our specialty restaurants, onboard activities, Shore Excursions, and Vitality Spa services.
·  Private sun deck with loungers and cabanas on deck 17 forward.

·  Show Reservations are not required for all Sky Suite guests . Please show your Sea Pass card at the entrance 20 minutes prior to show time as booked seats will be given away 10 minutes prior to show time. For Comedy show tickets, please see your Concierge or reserve now through the Royal IQ App.
·  Limited VIP seats for the shows in Royal Theater (First 2 rows center, Deck 5), Studio B (Three front rows on left hand side pavilion) and Aqua Theater (first 2 rows from the top). Please show your Sea Pass card at the entrance 20 minutes prior to show time as booked seats will be given away 10 minutes prior to show time.
·  Priority departure. Please ask your Concierges for more details.

Star class - see my recent Harmony blog (link in signature)

Whether it is worth it is up for debate and really depends on what you want out of your vacation. 

Do you spend a lot of time in your cabin? 

Do you value privacy and more space (access to suite sun deck and lounge)?

Will you likely use most of the Sky Class benefits?

These are some things to consider when debating between the classes.  

Hope that helps a bit.  Welcome to the boards!  Feel free to ask anything you are wondering.

One other thing to keep in mind is that some of those perks that don’t come with seaclass can sometimes be had for 19-24 dollars a day per person with the Key program. So if the space difference from Junior to Grand Suite isn’t worth the cost increase, you can still get internet and embarkation, etc..

We have decided that we want to avoid hassle.  We very rarely travel without children and just want to be able to relax.  I have booked Sky class.  I know that Star class includes lunch on embarkation day-for Sky class, can we have lunch in Coastal Kitchen or are we limited to the Windjammer or the cafe?  I cannot tell you how much I appreciate all of the help!

One more question (at least for now)-the information above says that Sky class do not require reservations for shows.  Is this true on the Oasis?  For some reason, I thought I had to reserve shows, even in Sky class-if I do need to reserve shows, should i do so in advance or have the concierge do it once we board.   I have the same question about CK dinner reservations-in advance or on board?

Obviously, I misspoke-another question popped into my head as I was typing-so not just one more question.?

@Fairlynew, not only do you not need reservations for shows, but you can walk in and sit wherever (except in seats for Star class).  They have a designated section for suites but you don't have to sit there.  But like @WAAAYTOOO said, reserve the comedy show. 

CK reservations cannot be made online.  Wait for the suite concierge to contact you about a week prior to sailing and make your reservations through him/her.

• 2 weeks later...
On April 1, 2019 at 2:33 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Welcome to the Suite life !

Yes, you can eat lunch in the CK on embarkation day.

No, you do not need to make reservations for any show EXCEPT the comedy club and Jazz Club (very limited seating).

Ask away !!

So, what does a Junior Suite give you then that regular stateroom does not? Do you have access to Suite Lounge and also outside lounging area during  pool days?  I know you get dinner at CK with reservations, but does The Key add to that as well?    How about drinks?? We are Diamond ( almost Plus ) so what does that add to the equation??  We've always done outside balconies, no interior, but found room small for 2 adults and 1 14 year old. 

4 minutes ago, GlennGlenn said:

So, what dos a Junior Suite give you then that regular stateroom does not? Do you have access to Suite Lounge and also outside lounging area during pool days?  I know you get dinner at CK with reservations, but does The Key add to that as well?    How about drinks?? We are Diamond ( almost Plus ) so what does that add to the equation??  We've always done outside balconies, no interior, but found room small for 2 adults and 1 14 year old. 

We had a junior suite on Harmony and as for coastal kitchen, they seem to want to keep you out of there as much as possible. We’d ask about reservations and the host would make it seem as if we were inconveniencing him. No access to the suite lounge. But most importantly you get the walk in closet as well as embarking with the suite guests.