Passports on Beach?

A wet passport could render it useless so I'd advise against swimming with it.  

There are two camps of people.  Those who take their passports off the ship at every port and those that lock it in the safe and leave it there.  There are very few cruise ports where you must take your passport off the ship with you.  Most ports just need your SeaPass card and a form of government ID like a driver license.  Many ports just need your SeaPass card.

I think the big question is where are you going and is this an RC excursion or not.  For example, I'd never take my passport to CoCo Cay or Labadee.  Some beach resorts have lockers and I'll put our passports in there.  There are bags on amazon that will lock to a beach chair.  

We usually have one person stay with the stuff.  The only time we both/all leave the belongings is on CocoCay or Labadee, and in those cases we only have our seapass card and maybe a couple of singles for bartender tips.  I am not a fan of getting wet so I am happy to stay behind and read.  We do though have small waterproof pouches that our phones fit in, as well as a couple of cards (like our seapass card and drivers license for photo ID) and a few bucks that we can take with us into the water. 

This isn't exactly what we own, but pretty close: https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Waterproof-Case-Cellphone-Samsung/dp/B079HV3TC9/ref=sr_1_4?crid=XQHZ5R8VUCLK&keywords=waterproof+phone+pouch&qid=1553905509&s=gateway&sprefix=waterproof+phone+%2Caps%2C142&sr=8-4 

We use one of these travel safes for our passports and wallets while on the beach. If you have a cabana or beach bed you can even lock it around the corner pillars to keep everything extra safe. It was about twenty bucks on Amazon so was a pretty small investment to keep things safe and dry. 

96049ACC-EE0B-418C-A776-F9EEF320C15B.png

On 3/29/2019 at 9:43 PM, Andrew72681 said:

We use one of these travel safes for our passports and wallets while on the beach. If you have a cabana or beach bed you can even lock it around the corner pillars to keep everything extra safe. It was about twenty bucks on Amazon so was a pretty small investment to keep things safe and dry. 

96049ACC-EE0B-418C-A776-F9EEF320C15B.png

that's awesome!!! I see a "father's day gift" for the hubby before our July 8 cruise!  lol