CAMAM

Formal night attire

6 hours ago, JennyB said:

Nope...$84 after shipping and everything from eBay!  whoopwhoop!!!

Great deal! I think I went overboard on the dress that I wore for my step son’s wedding, but then I intended to look as fabulous as I could manage since I was going to have to spend the entire evening with my husband’s ex wife and I wasn’t about to go in looking second best no matter what it cost 😉😂

My wife & I just got off of the NOTS on Sunday. Over two formal nights we saw everything. I am a golf shorts & polo golf shirt guy. But I wore a suit n tie and she wore dresses for both formal nights. It is called formal night for a reason.  Well it used to be anyway. If you don't want to dress up then go to the Windjammer. First night the family beside us was waaay under dressed in my opinion. Father in shorts & a t-shirt. Mother in cut off jean shorts and a spaghetti strap white shirt. One on the kids was in camo. 

1 hour ago, wville21 said:

My wife & I just got off of the NOTS on Sunday. Over two formal nights we saw everything. I am a golf shorts & polo golf shirt guy. But I wore a suit n tie and she wore dresses for both formal nights. It is called formal night for a reason.  Well it used to be anyway. If you don't want to dress up then go to the Windjammer. First night the family beside us was waaay under dressed in my opinion. Father in shorts & a t-shirt. Mother in cut off jean shorts and a spaghetti strap white shirt. One on the kids was in camo. 

Isnt it great that you can observe them and say they are "underdressed" and they have the ability to observe you and say you look sharp or overdressed etc.... 

I stopped caring what others do/look like and focus on what i want to do.  I love looking snazzy, getting some nice pictures and yes being uncomfortable for a few hours.  

3 hours ago, marti314 said:

Isnt it great that you can observe them and say they are "underdressed" and they have the ability to observe you and say you look sharp or overdressed etc.... 

I stopped caring what others do/look like and focus on what i want to do.  I love looking snazzy, getting some nice pictures and yes being uncomfortable for a few hours.  

Exactly!  Don't concern yourself with what others are wearing.  Wear what you feel comfortable,  if you are underdressed in Wville21's eyes....so be it

On 4/3/2019 at 10:48 PM, fonemanbob said:

My wife gets all gussied up. I will wear khaki`s, a polo shirt, sport coat, and sandals.  I used to do the shirt, jacket, and tie. But after being all dressed up a few years back on formal night and this couple came to the table in their work out clothes and nothing was said. That did it for me and now its relaxed casual on formal night.  Our next cruise is on Anthem in Sept.  I might get a tuxedo t shirt for formal night.  No sandals just penny loafers sans socks.  Its a cruise.  Got`s to relax.   

A tuxedo T-shirt says "I'm formal but I'm here to party"!!

On 4/10/2019 at 6:06 AM, wville21 said:

Surprised you saw him  🙂

On 4/11/2019 at 5:49 AM, 12thman said:

Anyone know how much to rent a tuxedo onboard?

Glad Matt sent you in the right direction because it is tough to find - I ended up in a google search to find it (they clearly aren’t interested in anyone knowing about the option since we only knew about it because some friends of ours cruise almost monthly and rent a tux on every possible cruise). 

7 hours ago, ThyriC said:

I'm tempted to do the "when in Rome" model of dressing for the MDR and wearing a bermuda shorts suit.   

I've always wanted one and I'm getting one when in Bermuda.  

I have a feeling I won’t look as cool in it. 

GettyImages-964627196%20_OP_1_CP__152781

See I love that look!  There are a few videos on Youtube about getting a bermuda shorts suit in bermuda, about the colors used.  Like that suit there isnt as vibrant as many of the bermuda shorts suits I've seen.  Dont get me wrong, that's a great suit, but I want one in vibrant colors! These men look so SHARP!  

men-bermuda-shorts.jpg