Navigator OTS Terminal

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Just FYI, for Uber/Lyft you don't need to know Terminal. Just put "PortMiami" or even pick a random terminal assignment. Once you get there, signs will clearly indicate which terminal you are at and you can tell your driver to go to whichever terminal.

In my experience that doesn't work well in certain situations such as a driver who has never visited the port before or with a language barrier which is very common in South Florida (since I don't speak Spanish). 

I prefer to specify the exact terminal or else you could be dropped off at the Port administration building by a driver following their GPS precisely to the drop off location you specified.  That happened to me at Newark when I inadvertently tapped the first "Newark Airport..." option that appeared and we drove to the "Newark Airport Best Coffee Shop" 4 miles from the terminal.  

For those that don't know the area or roads around the port it's always best to be precise.

Just now, twangster said:

In my experience that doesn't work well in certain situations such as a driver who has never visited the port before or with a language barrier which is very common in South Florida (since I don't speak Spanish). 

I prefer to specify the exact terminal or else you could be dropped off at the Port administration building by a driver following their GPS precisely to the drop off location you specified.  That happened to me at Newark when I inadvertently tapped the first "Newark Airport..." option that appeared and we drove to the "Newark Airport Best Coffee Shop" 4 miles from the terminal.  

For those that don't know the area or roads around the port it's always best to be precise.

I do agree it's ideal to know it, but I'd hate to see someone standing around at the airport trying to nail down which terminal it is.  Hail the car, hop in and let them know you aren't sure which terminal it is.  Or just wait till you get closer and speak up.  

A driver explained to me they don't get paid for deviations from the route since it appears they are trying to pad the trip to have it cost more.  One time a driver told me to edit the destination and waited until I did so.  

Now I start with "terminal g port..." and it finds it quickly in the app.  The GPS tells the driver exactly what to do unlike a recent report I read where the driver went into the cargo port truck lane by mistake.

36 minutes ago, twangster said:

A driver explained to me they don't get paid for deviations from the route since it appears they are trying to pad the trip to have it cost more.  One time a driver told me to edit the destination and waited until I did so.

Hmm, that's news to me. I've often asked drivers to make a pit stop (like at a fast food restaurant).  

More to the point of this scenario, putting in Terminal G from PortMiami but having to go to Terminal A is a minuscule discrepancy.  Changing destination from PortMiami to Port Everglades, however, would be a completely different story.