Number of Ships at Coco Cay

Does Royal Caribbean have more than one ship at a time at Coco Cay?

We have a stop there on Navigator in June and again in December on Anthem. I'm trying to figure out which activities to plan for which cruise. If there's only one ship at a time, then I'd prefer to do the water park with Navigator, as there would theoretically be fewer people! 

With the new features open, I don't think it will feel crowded even when multiple ships are at CocoCay.  I've only ever found it busy on the beaches closest to where you go ashore.  As soon as you walk a bit further, you could easily find yourself alone on a beach.  Even if you double or triple the number of visitors, they've added so much non-beach space that I'm confident it will still be possible to get away from everyone.

7 hours ago, Rose City Cruiser said:

The line up to the BBQ will be ridiculous.  I would just go back onto the ship to eat and then head back out.  

Up to this point when a ship like like Anthem visited with 4,500 guests there was one BBQ spot to eat.   Now there are multiple dining venues.  Why will lines get longer?

11 minutes ago, Jaymac Radio said:

As I Remember A Few Year Ago When I Was On A Cruise In Labbddee. Two Freedom Class Ships Were There. And It Was Not That Crowned There.

When we were on Labadee during our Harmony cruise, even with just one ship the food lines were ridiculously long. And definitely wasn’t worth it, as the food was terrible. 

50 minutes ago, twangster said:

Up to this point when a ship like like Anthem visited with 4,500 guests there was one BBQ spot to eat.   Now there are multiple dining venues.  Why will lines get longer?

I am not sure about this.....all my visits to Coco Cay up till this year were on small ships and alone...so 2000 max people on the island.....now there could be close to 10,000 at a time....I think its going to be affected when that happens....time will tell.

1 minute ago, monctonguy said:

I am not sure about this.....all my visits to Coco Cay up till this year were on small ships and alone...so 2000 max people on the island.....now there could be close to 10,000 at a time....I think its going to be affected when that happens....time will tell.

Yep, much of it in imaginations of folks like those who forecasted the absolutely terrible incredible long lines and no room to even set foot onto Indy when she had two hundred guests added in her last dry dock.  

When Oasis class was announced people forecast dire warnings.  "2 hours to get a drink",  "3 hour line to use the restroom",  "4 hour line for the MDR", etc.

Oasis class handles the numbers quite well and better than many other ships.

CocoCay was planned for two ships at the same time, including the biggest ships.  Yet people will forecast dire warnings.  "3 days in line at the BBQ" .

One thing Royal does quite well is traffic engineering and flow.  

Sure, there will be some people who will convince themselves it's a problem before setting foot on the island.  Having pre-determined that outcome they will find examples to prove their assertion.  That's simply human nature.  

CocoCay dock is designed to handle two ships. That doesn't mean two Oasis Class ships, and it doesn't mean there will be two ships there every day.

After seeing CocoCay in its current state with "just" the beach and Oasis Lagoon pool, it handled the crowds extremely well. To the point there is ample seating all around. Now imagine when they add the water park, Beach Club and other offerings to further spread crowds out. I have zero concern about an additional ship in port from a crowd perspective.

• 7 months later...

@Matt We will be visiting Coco Cay for the very first time 11/25/19, will there be more then just the Harmony there? Better yet, where may I research this for my future cruises on RCCL? I am relieved your estimation is the island can handle everyone, as you may know we are coming over from DCL and the private island when the bigger ships are in is hectic and nothing like they profess it to be, the water is people soup and if not early your not getting a chair or shade, period. Thanks so much!

3 hours ago, Flacruiser99 said:

Mariner Of The Seas,  Navigator Of The Seas and Odyssey Of The Seas are all scheduled to be there.

On Cruise Mapper it just says Odyssey and Mariner on 11/29/20. Navigator will be there on the 28th. Where are you seeing 3 listed? 

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 11.07.19 AM.png

• 4 months later...

Has anyone been to CoCoCay when 3 ships were docked? I’m scheduled to arrive 5/19/20 on Independence. Mariner and Navigator will also be there that day!

Went in August 2019 on Harmony. Hated the ship, but loved CoCoCay. It was crowded but not too much. Afraid of what 3 ships on island will be like. Each ship have around 3,000? So 9,000 on island?
Maybe the sailings will have less people due to the coronavirus scare. Anyone cancelling for fear of crowds with 3 ships?
Comments?

13 hours ago, Singlibrary said:

Has anyone been to CoCoCay when 3 ships were docked? I’m scheduled to arrive 5/19/20 on Independence. Mariner and Navigator will also be there that day!

Went in August 2019 on Harmony. Hated the ship, but loved CoCoCay. It was crowded but not too much. Afraid of what 3 ships on island will be like. Each ship have around 3,000? So 9,000 on island?
Maybe the sailings will have less people due to the coronavirus scare. Anyone cancelling for fear of crowds with 3 ships?
Comments?

I have seen no reports of anyone actually being at CocoCay with 3 ships.  I believe all the websites that showed three ships were using the generic itineraries from Royal which had a disclaimer that the port order would vary by sailing date.  I haven't been proven right or wrong yet but itineraries are also starting to change due to the coronavirus so it may be some time before we really know the truth.  I still stand by my prediction that there won't be 3 ships at CocoCay.