Lesson learned VOOM

Lesson learned... Do not try to live blog on voom with one device and a 16 year old child.  You might find that you type for a half hour, insert pics and then said 16 year old child will boot you off for the 90th time!!!!!   We will be getting 2 devices when we go to Europe this summer on vision!!!  Jane

Oh, Jane... so sorry! I remember not so fondly going on a cruise with my family when i was about your daughter’s age when there were not yet such things as smart phones but I coveted just 5 minutes in the Internet cafe to email my boyfriend (ew). I remember getting into a shouting match that was interrupted by an early version of “Fun ship Freddy” (worst idea ever). It’s hilarious now but it was SO dramatic then. And I had mononucleosis at the time - who let me onto that ship?!

So yes, get dd her own Voom for your own sanity next time! Now, off to read your updates! ?

9 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Lesson learned... Do not try to live blog on voom with one device and a 16 year old child.  You might find that you type for a half hour, insert pics and then said 16 year old child will boot you off for the 90th time!!!!!   We will be getting 2 devices when we go to Europe this summer on vision!!!  Jane

What I remember about ages 15-16 is my mother saying to me repeatedly “you have a bad attitude.” Good luck,  I have my fingers crossed! ?

We have had good luck with the travel router especially on Harmony where are iMessage worked for free.  However, we do purchase multiple device plans when we aren't on Harmony. 

My lesson learned was to double check phones after going to San Juan:  "Mom, what does cellular at sea mean?"  The same 12yo decided Voom was too slow so turned off wifi.  ?  Luckily, it was quickly caught without any extra charges.  

Love it! Lesson learned! ha

We have the Key on Freedom, so we SHOULD all be happy, but I am still thinking of bringing a WIFI extender or travel router or something that will boost the signal in our rooms, not to share one package on multiple devices, but just for better signal. 

Any recommendations?