VISION SLOG( That’s not a typo)

Mljstr

2 hours ago, twangster said:

If you plan on posting pictures over Voom suggest resizing them to 900 pixels wide or tall max.   The reduced file size makes uploading pics a lot better experience.  

Numerous apps to resize phone photos exist.

Enjoy your cruise! 

Please remind me of this and help me when we travel to Europe this summer on vision!!! Jane

The ? just sailed and I am about to lose free wifi from port. We really try to unplug while onboard which is why this will be hit and miss slogging. 

We endured the muster although after the situation with the Viking ? I paid closer attention. 

Lunch in Windjammer was tasty. I always head for mashed ?  and gravy and a few salads to feel like I am eating healthy. 

This is a first for us. We’re not just unplugged but also unscheduled. No dining room or My Time Dining reservations. We’re just going to wing it in the Windjammer and various venues when and where we feel like it. 

I packed only shorts and swimsuits and my husband is looking forward to 5 days of not having to shave. Of course he will look like a homeless person by the time we return Monday. 

Off to the diamond club  for free drinks ? and appetizers!!

Yesterday we followed our unplanned unplugged cruise ? non plans.

We decided to try MDR for both breakfast and lunch .The service was not great either time. At breakfast they forgot my husbands fruit ? and my oatmeal. The eggs benidict were a surprise on the menu but very disappointing.-hard and cold 

Lunch brought the best meal of the day which was a sirloin strip tender and perfectly cooked  followed by warm cherry ? crepes. ?

After ? and reading ? we went to the Masquerade theater to watch GREEN BOOK ??? then off to the diamond club for wine ? and cocktails ? The red wine for diamond members was so bitter I almost ?. I tried both merlot and cabernet. Steer clear! It was formal night and many cruisers were dressed to the nines  

We had a very good dinner ? in the Windjammer then  hung around the Centrum until time for karaoke  A couple of ? ? were   amazing but the rest not so much but everyone had fun . 

Today most passengers are in Progresso  but we stayed on board  

More when I get free wifi again  

C2092C7C-A731-477D-B232-8477889EFFBC.thumb.jpeg.f067252106983c9f6956c02f831fe5d1.jpeg

I intended to post from Cozumel yesterday but had an accident  in that my ?flew out of my pocket and landed in an unfortunate place ?in the cramped bathroom. I tried everything but it appears to be be like the witch in the Wizard of Oz “undeniably and reliably dead.”  

I am using my husband’s ? for this post and he is a little stingy with it ??so I will finish when I get ? tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Mljstr said:

I intended to post from Cozumel yesterday but had an accident  in that my ?flew out of my pocket and landed in an unfortunate place ?in the cramped bathroom. I tried everything but it appears to be be like the witch in the Wizard of Oz “undeniably and reliably dead.”  

I am using my husband’s ? for this post and he is a little stingy with it ??so I will finish when I get ? tomorrow. 

Ask the crew for a late bowl of uncooked rice, place the phone in the middle and try to dry it out. Luckily the toilet water is fresh water, so less salt to worry about frying the circuitry. 

Just now, Andrew72681 said:

Ask the crew for a late bowl of uncooked rice, place the phone in the middle and try to dry it out. Luckily the toilet water is fresh water, so less salt to worry about frying the circuitry. 

**large, not sure what the autocorrect was thinking there. 

Tried the rice thing then read Do not do that because a piece might become lodged in the plug in. Sure enough that happened!  Now I have rice stuck in the plug. I tried everything then I read the online suggestions and I had already done everything wrong. 

Looks like I will be heading to phone store on the way home tomorrow. 

Since the untimely passing of my phone, I have also contracted a terrible cold.  So I am shortening the slog to some random observations.

1. Having been to Cozumel too many times to count, we just took a taxi to Pancho's Backyard for a margarita, guacamole and flan . YUM!

2. We never had to search  for a table in the Windjammer. Where was everyone? The Windjammer food  selection was very limited and not outstanding- a big disappointment after the outstanding Windjammer selections on the Jewel in November. 

3. We had the least friendly and helpful cabin steward in 20 years of cruising. Never introduced himself, or left a card or smiled. He actually snapped at me when I needed help with my safe.

4. A bartender at the Solarium bar was setting up to open the bar. I asked her for a napkin and she sent me to get one at the Park Cafe which wasn't open. When I got back, she was already serving drinks to a couple. 

5. Lots of salsa dancing but no country and western or even pop?

6. Could not understand a word the captain said so I am glad he wasn't telling us to evacuate. 

7. Embarkation was a snap but self assist debarkation took almost an hour.

8. I watched a woman fill her water bottles by jamming them up and touching the water spout with the inside of the bottle. Can't they do something about that? I reported it and was told they clean the water spouts at the end of the day. It should be done frequently.

I don't mean to say it was a bad cruise, maybe I'm looking at it through the lens of someone who is sick, and who suffered the tragic loss of my phone.  LOL I will think of the good things when I feel better!

EDIT #4   In thinking about this during the night, I realized maybe they don't give out paper napkins anymore at the outdoor bars???? When I went back to get the napkins at the Solarium bar, she handed me paper towels. 

EDIT #2 The Windjammer had theme meals-Mexican night, Caribbean night, Mediterranean night, etc. I wonder how many really ate the pigtail stew and goat curry? I only saw pizza two days. Comparing this to the Jewel in the fall, if they had lamb shank in the MDR they had lamb shank in the Windjammer. The carved turkey and ham were non existent. Chicken was in the carving station as well as a sirloin strip.

FINALLY,  we went on this cruise for two reasons: 

1. we needed 5 points to become D+ and we accomplished that goal.

2. we desperately needed some R&R when we just chilled out, and unplugged.We had lovely days hanging out in the solarium and reading and eating when and where we wanted and came home refreshed. . So all in all, it was a great cruise!

Edited by Mljstr

11 hours ago, Mljstr said:

3. We had the least friendly and helpful cabin steward in 20 years of cruising. Never introduced himself, or left a card or smiled. He actually snapped at me when I needed help with my safe.

That is definitely not something you or anyone should experience on a cruise. I would have been more than a bit miffed if the person whose job is to help me out with things involving my cabin actually snapped at me if I was having some trouble with part of my cabin. Everyone gets bad days and no one is immune to wanting to be anywhere but work sometimes, but that would have crossed a line for me. I sincerely hope that you reported that to Guest Services, as it sounds like an employee who needs some retraining in hospitality.

8 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

That is definitely not something you or anyone should experience on a cruise. I would have been more than a bit miffed if the person whose job is to help me out with things involving my cabin actually snapped at me if I was having some trouble with part of my cabin. Everyone gets bad days and no one is immune to wanting to be anywhere but work sometimes, but that would have crossed a line for me. I sincerely hope that you reported that to Guest Services, as it sounds like an employee who needs some retraining in hospitality.

That cabin attendant will not last long.  If Mljstr writes a bad review (which he/she should) then it will carry a lot of weight. If the cabin attendant was non-responsivek (or negatively responsive, which is even worse !) to Mljstr, then you know he/she has been non-responsive or worse to others before.  His/her ship life with RCCL will be short.