Questions about Labadee

Leafywing

Looking for specifics about Labadee.

This isn't our first RCc cruise but it is our first visit to Labadee.  We've booked the Catameran Snorkel excursion and a Beach Bungalow in Columbus Cove.  I've read a lot of the forums on Labadee but couldn't find answers to a few questions.  1) Should we go to our beach Bungalow first and then back to the dock for our excursion or go on the excursion then the Beach Bungalow?  We have 3 young teens with us.  Is the slide fun ?  We're on Allure so no water slides and those kids love water slides.  Thanks in advance!

• Leafywing changed the title to Questions about Labadee

Hi @Leafywing, welcome to the forums!

1) As long as your excursion isn't first thing in the morning, I would recommend that you go to the bungalow and check in with the attendant first. They will need to know how many are in your party, and you'll get your wristbands so that you can freely come and go from that point on. This also lets you notify your attendant about your excursion so they aren't wondering where you've gone. ?

2) I think the slide is geared more towards young kids than teens, but I've seen comments from others here that it's enjoyable. Definitely not anything super-exciting or geared to adrenaline junkies. If your teens are into roller coasters, the alpine coaster named "Dragon's Tail" is a lot of fun. The rider has full control over the speed, so you can go as fast or slow as you want, and if you go early in the morning the lines are non-existent; I went four times in a little over an hour when we were there a year ago. I do recommend buying the ride passes in advance on Cruise Planner. If you can get to it early in the day, get the all-day pass as you can easily get your money's worth. If you don't think you'd get there until the afternoon, just buy a single-ride pass. People discover the coaster after lunch and the lines get long quickly.