Port of Tampa

Quick Question ..... How far of a walk is it from the Marriott Waterside to the Port for Brilliance...... as it looks right now, I'm going to have to drop off a rental car there after I drop the wife and luggage off at the port ...... I just need to find a way back to the port, and if it's an easy walk..... problem solved.  Tnx

12 hours ago, jticarruthers said:

In the neighbourhood of 10 mins or so. Not a long walk at all. 

That's what I was hoping for ..... the guy with Hertz at the Marriott said a shuttle may be available, but not guaranteed - so, I'm more comfortable when there's a Plan B in place.  Since it'll be just me hoofing it back without the luggage, I should be good either way.  Second question, as I'm sure you know, I'll have to have the car filled before I drop it off .... are there gas stations in the vicinity?

32 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

That's what I was hoping for ..... the guy with Hertz at the Marriott said a shuttle may be available, but not guaranteed - so, I'm more comfortable when there's a Plan B in place.  Since it'll be just me hoofing it back without the luggage, I should be good either way.  Second question, as I'm sure you know, I'll have to have the car filled before I drop it off .... are there gas stations in the vicinity?

There's a Marathon gas station right across from Terminal 6 at the port at Channelside and Kennedy.  

1 minute ago, AshleyDillo said:

There's a Marathon gas station right across from Terminal 6 at the port at Channelside and Kennedy.  

Thanks Ashley,

So, which would I come across first if I'm coming down Channelside, the port for Brilliance (Terminal 3), or the Marathon.  I'm a very visual person, I know the terminal will be on the left --- hopefully there'll be a traffic light so I can make another left on Channelside after dropping everyone off before returning the vehicle..... Ugh, I hate doing things outside my comfort zone.

15 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

Thanks Ashley,

So, which would I come across first if I'm coming down Channelside, the port for Brilliance (Terminal 3), or the Marathon.  I'm a very visual person, I know the terminal will be on the left --- hopefully there'll be a traffic light so I can make another left on Channelside after dropping everyone off before returning the vehicle..... Ugh, I hate doing things outside my comfort zone.

Where are you coming from on Channelside?  If you are going from the Marriott to the port, the port will actually be on the right side of the road.  Terminal 3 is at the roundabout and it will be before Terminal 6...you can drop off your party at T3 and then keep going the same way down Channelside. There is be a light at Channelside and Kennedy and you will see the Marathon at that intersection.

Just now, AshleyDillo said:

Where are you coming from on Channelside?  If you are going from the Marriott to the port, the port will actually be on the right side of the road.  Terminal 3 is at the roundabout and it will be before Terminal 6...you can drop off your party at T3 and then keep going the same way down Channelside. There is be a light at Channelside and Kennedy and you will see the Marathon at that intersection.

Actually, driving in from the Orlanda area .... so, I-4 ---- then drop my wife and the luggage off at the port --- then head over to the Marriott to drop the vehicle off and walk/shuttle back to the port ..... so, I'll be coming down Channelside -- at least I would assume that's the way I'll be coming in.

Just now, coneyraven said:

Actually, driving in from the Orlanda area .... so, I-4 ---- then drop my wife and the luggage off at the port --- then head over to the Marriott to drop the vehicle off and walk/shuttle back to the port ..... so, I'll be coming down Channelside -- at least I would assume that's the way I'll be coming in.

Ah then yes, the port will be on your left.  I would just go ahead and get the gas on your way in as you'll hit the Kennedy/Channelside intersection first.  

8 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Ah then yes, the port will be on your left.  I would just go ahead and get the gas on your way in as you'll hit the Kennedy/Channelside intersection first.  

You are so AWESOME!!!!  That's the information I needed ------ I've said it before and I'll say it again, I've been a part of this message board for 3 years now, and it is still the Number #1 source of information --- Thank You ALL for pulling me back from the edge ..... My blood pressure has dropped thanks to all of you.

@AshleyDillo -- We figure, we'll leave St. Cloud (actually a few miles east of there along US 192)  around 7:30 --- that should put us at the port in the 9:30 - 10:00 range ..... PERFECT!!!

Mark

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

With cars being so fuel efficient I often fill up rentals 10-15 miles from an airport drop off when I rent for business.  Find a station that’s convenient but close-ish.   The needle won’t drop off full for a good 20-30 miles in most rentals.  

Good Point .... plus, if I find a station further out, the price per gallon may be a little better ..... I figure those that are close in probably have higher prices.

1 minute ago, coneyraven said:

You are so AWESOME!!!!  That's the information I needed ------ I've said it before and I'll say it again, I've been a part of this message board for 3 years now, and it is still the Number #1 source of information --- Thank You ALL for pulling me back from the edge ..... My blood pressure has dropped thanks to all of you.

@AshleyDillo -- We figure, we'll leave St. Cloud (actually a few miles east of there along US 192)  around 7:30 --- that should put us at the port in the 9:30 - 10:00 range ..... PERFECT!!!

Mark

There's so many different ways to get to the port, so I can understand wanting to know your way around.  

Check your GPS directions.  If you're planning on following them, they may want you to take the Selmon Expressway toll road to the port.  There is no way to pay cash for this toll so you need to have it set up before with the rental car company or make sure you set your GPS to no tolls.

If that's the case and you want to follow the GPS to the toll road, exit 5 off of I-4 has a Wawa that is easy to get to (left onto MLK, to go under I-4) and will have the cheapest gas.  The Selmon Expressway is Exit 2, so you still will be full at the drop off.  If you avoid the toll road you'll get off at Exit 1 for Ybor City.  

The Terminal 6 end of the port is hardly ever congested...the mess is all between Terminal 3 and the Marriott.  Construction and port traffic..but even with that it's still not an incredibly difficult area to get around despite being so close to downtown.

1 minute ago, coneyraven said:

Thanks Ashley --- I'll have to pull up a map so I can see the directions you are giving me .... That may be the way to go.

Google Maps is great in this area.  The Wawa is probably your best bet for proximity and gas prices...it will also be very new and clean.

FYI..there's a free trolley that runs to the port that goes right in front of the Marriott.  If you time it right you can save a possibly warm, humid walk for yourself.

@AshleyDillo  --- Here's my thought ..... I was just on Google Maps ....

I found the MLK Blvd and I see where the WAWA is ..... looks easy to fill up ...

Then, my thought is, get back on I-4 --- go one Exit to N. 50th St .... turn left .... go down to making a right on E. Adamo Dr. all the way to a left onto Channelside.....

This will keep me off of the Selmon and avoid the tolls.

Thoughts?

Mark

3 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

@AshleyDillo  --- Here's my thought ..... I was just on Google Maps ....

I found the MLK Blvd and I see where the WAWA is ..... looks easy to fill up ...

Then, my thought is, get back on I-4 --- go one Exit to N. 50th St .... turn left .... go down to making a right on E. Adamo Dr. all the way to a left onto Channelside.....

This will keep me off of the Selmon and avoid the tolls.

Thoughts?

Mark

Bingo!  That looks like a solid plan.