Deluxe Drink Package purchased on board the ship

Has anyone purchased the Alcohol drink package once on board this year (Royal line - 2019) or at least know how much they much were charging.  Were they doing the buy one get one half off @ $49 per person?  I assume all people in the cabin that are of drinking age would still have to purchase same, I was just wondering the price.  We are taking an 8 day cruise on Royals' Adventure of the Seas.   Thanks for any info.   Happy cruising everyone! 

I just got back from Allure and upon boarding they had the Buy one Get one 50% off posters all over the ship.  What was odd was that price said 60.00 each (both people still need to purchase it) which would mean the package is 80 + 40(50% off ) / 2 = 60 per person.

So they may have had an 80.00 dollar a day price on the DBP onboard the ship.

Always best to pre-purchase the drink package pre-cruise if you can.  Prices go way up onboard even if there is a "sale" onboard, you're usually better off purchasing when there is a sale in the cruise planner.  Depending on how far away your sailing is, there's a pretty decent sale going on now.

Prices for the drink package vary wildly sometimes - there's really no rhyme or reason to it to the consumer, but I'm quite sure they adjust the prices based on the demand for the packages - if more people are buying the drink packages, prices go up, if less people buy, prices will drop, especially if you are closer to your sail date and not many people are buying.

20 hours ago, Lovetocruise said:

Has anyone purchased the Alcohol drink package once on board this year (Royal line - 2019) or at least know how much they much were charging. 

I bought it onboard a 4-night sailing on Mariner. With my Diamond Plus discount it was $218.06

• 2 weeks later...

Going on Liberty OTS end of April and just got offered bogo 50% for deluxe package. Purchased it for wife and I. Total price $388.22 each.  Therefore about $49 each per day.  With us drinking about 3 mixed drinks, 2 glasses of wine, a couple specialty coffees, bottled water, fresh squeezed juice and sodas per day, we should be happy and $$ ahead! ???????

3 hours ago, DaArsonist said:

I purchased for myself, at 49 bucks for August LOS trip. Plan to drin 15 beers and 5 crown and cokes every single day. Lol

You sound like my husband except it will be 15 Jack and Cokes and 5 drinks of the day.

18 minutes ago, FManke said:

I've been out of the loop for awhile. 

Did they change the drink package policies to require everybody in the cabin to be on a package?

Last year I think?  Or maybe late 2017.  Yeah I think it was announced in the fall and December 2017 first went into effect.

Deluxe drink package only.  All in cabin over 21 must buy it if any one in cabin buys it.  

Some waivers allowed by calling (medical, religious, other) but they typically require others in cabin to buy Refreshment package at a minimum.  

Buy online pre-cruise through the Cruise Planner for the absolute cheapest rate. From what I understand, the only way you can get a better deal for alcohol onboard is if they decide to offer drink cards during your cruise (no guarantees). You really don’t get any C&A drink perks until you really get up in standing... my wife and I have a looong way to go for those perks!

Also, you’ll realize that BOGO 50% off is effectively 25% off the package for 2... not that great a deal. Look for at least the 30% off Cruise Planner sales for a better deal. For our upcoming May cruise on Allure, BOGO 50% came in at $49... 30% off sale comes in at $46... the underlying full price is around $65... I’m also guessing that the underlying package price changes occasionally if they really are trying to drum up more sales.

Yes, you can purchase the beverage packages onboard but as a rule, they are always more expensive onboard than they are pre cruise.

You cannot purchase a beverage package of any kind on a daily basis however you can purchase a package for only the remaining days of the cruise so long as there are at least 3 days remaining for the cruise.  So if you are on a 7 night cruise you can wait until up to day 4 and purchase it for the remaining days.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes, you can purchase the beverage packages onboard but as a rule, they are always more expensive onboard than they are pre cruise.

You cannot purchase a beverage package of any kind on a daily basis however you can purchase a package for only the remaining days of the cruise so long as there are at least 3 days remaining for the cruise.  So if you are on a 7 night cruise you can wait until up to day 4 and purchase it for the remaining days.

Thankyou ?

30 minutes ago, Suepop said:

Are drinks expensive to buy on board?.not sure the drinks package at £38 pppday  might just be too much.i like the odd glass of wine but not sure I could do £38 worth a day 

Cocktails run about $10-12 per drink. Beers are about $8. Liquor on the rocks usually runs about $8-10 for a pour.

2 hours ago, Suepop said:

Are drinks expensive to buy on board?.not sure the drinks package at £38 pppday  might just be too much.i like the odd glass of wine but not sure I could do £38 worth a day 

just my personal...I also don't consume much alcohol...I get the Refreshment Package and pay for the 3-4 special drinks with my OBC or just out of pocket...so it can be done if you don't drink a lot.

When we got on the Harmony 3/29/19 the drink package was $70 for the first and $35 for the second.  I believe that is more than if purchased before the cruise.  On our 9-day it would have been almost $1400 for 2 people when they add the 18% tip.  We were in a Grand Suite and so glad we did not buy one.  

• 3 weeks later...

Wine generally runs around $12 per glass (and up). We like a glass or two of wine with dinner and because my husband and I have differing tastes, we almost always buy it by the glass.  2 glasses at dinner, a pre-dinner cocktail and a beer by the pool adds up to close to $40.  Add in a couple of bottles of water, a specialty coffee and fresh squeezed juice (and/or a mimosa or bloody mary with breakfast) and we reach the break even point pretty easily if the price is less than $50 and don't really feel drink fatigue.