Towels allowed off the ship?

JerseyJoe

Yes, they usually actually have a station on the dock or on the way off the ship to check out blue pool towels.

Be cautioned, they will be checked to your Sea Pass card, however many you take, you have to bring that many back and check them back in, if not you will be charged for the towels.

I usually go by the pool deck and get them and already have them packed instead of trying to do it while you walk off the ship.

On 3/26/2019 at 11:33 AM, tiny260 said:

Yes, they usually actually have a station on the dock or on the way off the ship to check out blue pool towels.

Be cautioned, they will be checked to your Sea Pass card, however many you take, you have to bring that many back and check them back in, if not you will be charged for the towels.

I usually go by the pool deck and get them and already have them packed instead of trying to do it while you walk off the ship.

Are they nice big towels?  Honestly I was thinking of bringing older oversized towels and then leaving them at Coki Beach at the end of our trip. I'm just concerned with not having a balcony to be able to dry them over night.  

1 hour ago, NJCruisers said:

Are they nice big towels?  Honestly I was thinking of bringing older oversized towels and then leaving them at Coki Beach at the end of our trip. I'm just concerned with not having a balcony to be able to dry them over night.  

Bringing towels can be a PITA.   They get full of sand and even with a balcony don’t try quickly because it’s very humid.  

I’d never bring my own.  Simply easier to use theirs and turn them in frequently for clean ones.  They are a decent size and you can ask for two.  

38 minutes ago, twangster said:

Bringing towels can be a PITA.   They get full of sand and even with a balcony don’t try quickly because it’s very humid.  

I’d never bring my own.  Simply easier to use theirs and turn them in frequently for clean ones.  They are a decent size and you can ask for two.  

Thanks, didn't realize we could get more than one & was worried they wouldn't be big enough.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Totally agree. If there's an option to use vendor towels, I will always prefer that.

57 minutes ago, NJCruisers said:

Thanks, didn't realize we could get more than one & was worried they wouldn't be big enough.

I'm sure there is a limit, but you can get as many as you want. Just remember though, you have to haul them around all day and turn them back in when you get back to the ship, so if you ask for 2-3 pp that is going to get heavy, especially when they are wet.

I usually get 4 for my wife and I for the pool deck and 2-3 when we go to a beach.

18 hours ago, tiny260 said:

I'm sure there is a limit, but you can get as many as you want. Just remember though, you have to haul them around all day and turn them back in when you get back to the ship, so if you ask for 2-3 pp that is going to get heavy, especially when they are wet.

I usually get 4 for my wife and I for the pool deck and 2-3 when we go to a beach.

It's just the hubby & I & we'll both have light weight backpacks.  I like the tip about getting them earlier and packing them too! I was just worried about the size of them.  

Just now, NJCruisers said:

It's just the hubby & I & we'll both have light weight backpacks.  I like the tip about getting them earlier and packing them too! I was just worried about the size of them.  

If you can picture one of the pool lounge chairs on deck, the blue pool towels cover all of the lounge chair except maybe the last 6 inches of the chair where your heels would be (Loosing 6" for chair clips or tucking in). So they are not as big as a beach towel you might buy, but they are not small.

1 minute ago, tiny260 said:

If you can picture one of the pool lounge chairs on deck, the blue pool towels cover all of the lounge chair except maybe the last 6 inches of the chair where your heels would be (Loosing 6" for chair clips or tucking in). So they are not as big as a beach towel you might buy, but they are not small.

Thank you!, I'm pretty sure it will wrap around me then.... at least at the beginning of the cruise before all that food:)