Weather temps?

kjw83

7 minutes ago, kjw83 said:

I should have clarified...I meant in walking around the ship in the evenings, not on excursions and during the day. I know it`ll be warm but we were in FL last week and it was chilly in the evenings so I wasn`t sure!

As people reminded me, everyone has a different idea of what "chilly" is.  I walked around the upper deck on Mariner the first week of February with short sleeves and was extremely comfortable (and happy .... can I please go back?), whereas some others had light sweaters on.  I'm from Minnesota.  The other day it hit 45 degrees here and people were out in shorts.  It's all perspective.  I'm less tolerant to wind (which was very much lacking on my Mariner cruise, thankfully).

Unless you are a huge freeze baby (and I do use this term with kindness!) you shouldn't need more than a very light sweater or cardigan for evenings on an exposed deck, if that.

I take a shawl for the evening on deck. Then I leave it in the bar or the dining room.  Then my husband has to go back and ask for it. Then I have to go to the customer service desk and see if it has been turned in. Then my husband tells me not to bring a shawl again because all I do is lose it. It's all part of the cruise experience for us.?

...and having lived in Alaska for over 35 years, yes "cold" is a VERY relative term.  When the temperature hits the upper 70's (and maybe even the low 80's) here in the summer (yes, that is a HOT summer day!), there are all sorts of people around us complaining about the heat!  I'm perfectly fine and comfortable in a t-shirt down to around 40 degrees, and then I'll maybe throw on a very light jacket or windbreaker below that. 

On any of the Caribbean cruises, I most certainly enjoy the pools and shade to try and keep cooler, and try to stay out of the direct sun for extended times as I just roast!

19 hours ago, Mljstr said:

I take a shawl for the evening on deck. Then I leave it in the bar or the dining room.  Then my husband has to go back and ask for it. Then I have to go to the customer service desk and see if it has been turned in. Then my husband tells me not to bring a shawl again because all I do is lose it. It's all part of the cruise experience for us.?

sounds like me. LOL