Suggestions for Costa Maya and Roatan

Drcruise

We will be sailing to Cozumel, Costa Maya and Roatan in June. We have been in Cozumel before and plan on just walking around and doing some shopping here and there. However, we have never been to either Costa Maya or Roatan before. We have heard much about snorkeling in Roatan but unsure of which company to book with. Has anyone visited the ruins while docked in Costa Maya? Any shore excursion suggestions for either of those ports? 

Thanks! ? 

In Roatan, we snorkeled with Eco Tours.  We were happy with them but the meeting place was a bit confusing.  I wouldn't mind using them again as it was great snorkeling but I'd also be willing to look at other companies.  I suggest you look at Trip Advisors for companies with many positive reviews. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ruins from Costa Maya is a really good option.  I did it years ago before the place was all built up and loved it.  Hubby says it is easier now because all the roads are paved.  If you want to see the ruins Costa Maya is a good option for you.  I would stick with a ship shore excursion to make sure you are back in time.

For Roatan it will be our first visit so we are going to see the sloths.  That's the only thing that is a must do for me there.

• 2 weeks later...