CocoCay prices

Jason12

15 minutes ago, Mondas42 said:

Wow, I knew us Brits got a raw deal with prices but that’s ridiculous. For our July visit we are been asked for £645 for a Ocean lagoon cabana which is $850!!??

I am going in July also, and I have seen the prices that high, but on sale  they drop too the 500 USD marker.

I got our Chill cabana for 449. 

I think for Coco Cay it’s a combination of time of year and also ship size. My November Grandeur sailing is going to CCC and I was able to snag the Chill Island cabana for $329. I’ve seen the Oasis lagoon ones go down to $319. I’d be interested in comparing the prices with knowing time of year and also ship to see if that really does makes a difference. 

Since I said I’d be interested in comparing prices, it’s only fair I actually share the ones I’m seeing. A will refer to adult pricing and C to child pricing. I’ll only break them out if the prices are different. All these prices are for 2019 Thanksgiving week on Grandeur.

• Full day water park and zip line package - $99
  • Half day water park and zip line package - $89
  • Thrill water park half day pass - $39
  • Thrill water park full day pass -$44
  • Thrill water park cabana and full day pass - $499
  • Perfect day CocoCay zip lining - $79
  • Oasis Lagoon Cabanas - $399 (have seen a low of $319)
  • Chill Island Cabanas - $399 (have seen a low of $329)
  • Floating beach mat -$18
  • Cococay all day snorkeling at your leisure - $37 A, $22 C
  • Cococay wave jet tour (driver) - $104
  • Cococay wave jet tour (passenger) - $38
  • Parasail adventure tour - $99
  • Stingray city Bahamas - $59 A, $49 C
  • Swimming pigs tour - $109 A, $79 C
  • Kayak adventures - $43
  • Kayak adventure and snorkel combo - $72 A, $57 C
  • Right choice glass bottom boat tour - $42 A, $33 C
  • Reef snorkeling and sandbar getaway - $54 A, $44 C
  • Certified scuba dive without equipment- $57
  • Certified scuba dive with equipment - $68

You know, either people didn’t scroll to the “see all” or the bungalows aren’t there! We have one reserved for a cruise late May and those are prefect for us since with just the 2 of us I would think it was a total waste of hard earned money to get a cabana for 1day (we love the water, but not a beach per se). I do hope they will still be available! ?

1 hour ago, 2Beeze said:

You know, either people didn’t scroll to the “see all” or the bungalows aren’t there! We have one reserved for a cruise late May and those are prefect for us since with just the 2 of us I would think it was a total waste of hard earned money to get a cabana for 1day (we love the water, but not a beach per se). I do hope they will still be available! ?

No bungalows on my cruise planner for 5/17 on Navigator

7 minutes ago, DublinFC said:

Hmm the perfect day seems a bit pricey

Actually those are the things you CAN pay for...there are plenty of things to do without spending money.  I am only spending $33 for two beach loungers with a clamshell folding shade cover.  The pool is free to use also. 

26 minutes ago, JennyB said:

Actually those are the things you CAN pay for...there are plenty of things to do without spending money.  I am only spending $33 for two beach loungers with a clamshell folding shade cover.  The pool is free to use also. 

I know there is plenty to do that is covered, but I and my daughter will want to hit up the waterpark portion, the slides in the initial pictures look crazy awesome.  Not saying its out of the picture to spend some cash there, but was hoping for it to be a little more reasonable. 

Keep in mind the regular buffet, beach chairs, and umbrellas, are still "complementary"

We have been to Cococay both ways - free chairs and shade, buffet lunch, with our own snorkel gear. 

Last time we actually made it to Cococay we rented a Bungalow on South Beach. It was fabulous. Very different trips!

Anthem of the Seas, at Cococay April 8, 2020 (the week before Easter)

Excursion        Adult        Child
Thrill waterpark Cabana & Full Day Pass $699.00  
Floating Beach Mat $18.00 $18.00
All Day Snorkeling  $37.00 $22.00
Parasail Adventure Tour $99.00 $99.00
Stingray City, Bahamas Tour $59.00 $49.00
Swimming with pigs $109.00 $79.00
Kayak Adventure $43.00 $43.00
Kayak & Snorkel $72.00 $57.00
Glass Bottom Boat $42.00 $33.00
Reef Snorkeling and Sandbar $54.00 $44.00
Scuba without equipment $57.00 $57.00
Scuba with equipment $68.00 $68.00
South Beach Cabana  $399.00  

18 hours ago, MicDay said:

Wow, for our May sailing on HOS our Chill Island Cabana is $1299 

Are you sure you're not looking at the price for three or four cabanas?  It's a little confusing in cruise planner when you put it in your cart.  You only want to buy it for ONE person in your party.  If you add all the people in your reservation, you're ordering everyone a cabana of their very own.

I’ve been following the chill island cabana for our 12/29 Mariner cruise.  High is  $499.  I’ve seen it as low as $429.  Sale had mostly been $449.  Oasis cabanas range from $399-$499,  and seem to be on sale more often.  I have not seen the bungalow.

I’m hoping drink package drops.  Best I’ve seen is $56.  And while I’ve purchased it, I’m  not sure I’m keeping it at that price.

4 hours ago, Jason12 said:

The perfect expensive day ?

I think as @Matt proved over the last week, there’s plenty to do without dropping a dime at CocoCay. The free activities at CocoCay rival the private islands from NCL and Carnival, and I’d say look a lot better than Labadee. 

I'm on a Harmony of the Seas sailing on 5/26/19.  Here are the current prices (including the current sale prices) in my cruise planner:

image.png.73468739f7b6e0ade2c4ae139b4cfd78.png

Note that there are NO "South Beach Cabanas" listed at all...

I purchased the "Thrill Waterpark Full Day / Zipline Package" for myself along with several others in my group.  In the listing for the activity in the cruise planner, the price was $119.  When I got to checkout, I found that the price was only $85!!!  I was able to purchase for each person at this price!  After the purchase, it most certainly shows in "My Calendar" with both the Zip line and the Waterpark Full Day Pass!

2 hours ago, Bob_KY said:

Are floating beach mats provided when renting the Chill Island Cabanas?  (Like Labadee)

To my knowledge they are included in all the upgraded areas from “beds” upward.

@MicDay   I realize that someone has already mentioned this, but that number really looks like that you clicked on all the individuals on the reservation and so it multiplied whichever number for that number of people (when you click the links does it show you which person(s) are being added? You only need to reserve it under one person‘s name even though 6 to 8 can be there.

3 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

To my knowledge they are included in all the upgraded areas from “beds” upward.

@MicDay   I realize that someone has already mentioned this, but that number really looks like that you clicked on all the individuals on the reservation and so it multiplied whichever number for that number of people (when you click the links does it show you which person(s) are being added? You only need to reserve it under one person‘s name even though 6 to 8 can be there.

I promise it's just me, I really appreciate you guys checking to make sure i'm doing it correctly.

If I was better at this I'd screenshot it so you could see it, maybe it's that high because we are 44 days out?

33 minutes ago, MicDay said:

I promise it's just me, I really appreciate you guys checking to make sure i'm doing it correctly.

If I was better at this I'd screenshot it so you could see it, maybe it's that high because we are 44 days out?

I don’t know, but that is insane! It is 1 beach day for heaven’s sake; I would not pay that for 3 (but I am not much of a beach person and usually leave early so a more expensive cabana is silly for us anyway). I do hope that number improves for you!

The prices are all over the place, it really depends on the ship it seems. I just booked an Oasis Lagoon cabana for $319 (it was $399 a day ago, and $319 three days ago) for my December 2019 Navigator cruise.  The same cabana for my Symphony sailing 2 1/2 months later (Feb 2020) is $499.   I guess those are different seasons, too?  I'm pretty pleased with my December sailing though!

18 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

I don’t know, but that is insane! It is 1 beach day for heaven’s sake; I would not pay that for 3 (but I am not much of a beach person and usually leave early so a more expensive cabana is silly for us anyway). I do hope that number improves for you!

I'm,  very new to this site (really love it)and this is our first RCC cruise, I assumed that was the norm.  I saw people on here telling how they got one and how it's worth it.  In my mind I'm going, it's crazy we can cruise for that much, well two of us could.  Glad to learn my is not the norm, I like the loungers or we'll rent an umbrella, works for us.

2 hours ago, MicDay said:

I'm,  very new to this site (really love it)and this is our first RCC cruise, I assumed that was the norm.  I saw people on here telling how they got one and how it's worth it.  In my mind I'm going, it's crazy we can cruise for that much, well two of us could.  Glad to learn my is not the norm, I like the loungers or we'll rent an umbrella, works for us.

I guess people perceive these things differently, and I never claimed to be in the mid portion of the normal curve on most variables, but it is one day and to me it would be crazy to spend that much on 1 thing or even on 1 day. As you point out, someone could take a cruise for that price. But that is just how I see it. I can enjoy my day quite a lot either way ??‍♀️  But, I am definitely not criticizing those who pay for those things at all, everyone has a right to their own priories in life and there are people that I like quite a lot that pay for cabanas (and such) regularly.  And I had had lots of friends who have wanted one and invited us to join them (anyone who wants to do so in the future, feel free ??).  But, in my “worthwhile” calculation those usually fail horribly here 15 years from retirement. I did find a bungalow for our coco cay visit in May that was just under $200 and that we went for since I had a carcinoma on my face in my mid 30’s because of how fair I am - guaranteed shade at that price (and them delivering lunch) made it a “go” ?

To your first comment - the vast majority of the people here are super nice and very helpful. Sure, snarkiness and ego do occasionaly rear their heads, but it is rare and is far, far, FAR less than you will find anywhere else (and sometimes I think it’s from those who mistakenly think that dry humor translates in writing when it comes out seeming mean or terse).   You will like it here, the members have a weatlth of cruise-related experience to offer.  Welcome, glad you are here ?