oasis of the seas drydock..

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 2:25 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Wish we knew but we don't.  I will be on the second cruise after O comes out of dry dock being amped.  I am so excited.  I hope she isn't delayed for some reason !

I don't think I could handle it if there was an issue if I was in your shoes.  But, there wont be an issue and you are going to have a blast.  Power of positive thinking!

On 3/25/2019 at 1:25 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Wish we knew but we don't.  I will be on the second cruise after O comes out of dry dock being amped.  I am so excited.  I hope she isn't delayed for some reason !

I'm on Oasis December 8th and booked solo because it's such a great price! I would be sad if it got cancelled because I've never been on Oasis class but I wouldn't be TOO devastated because I am sailing on Freedom December 29th for a B2B!

1 hour ago, lauraodonnell86 said:

I'm on Oasis December 8th and booked solo because it's such a great price! I would be sad if it got cancelled because I've never been on Oasis class but I wouldn't be TOO devastated because I am sailing on Freedom December 29th for a B2B!

I'm debating booking this one as well...it isn't the first sailing after drydock so less of a cancellation risk.  

But the first scheduled sailing appears to actually be Thanksgiving..and that also has no solo supplement...whoa..that's less time off work for me..it's a little more expensive but not much!

6 hours ago, Pen said:

My sister hopes Cats gets changed.  

I agree with you/your sister, in the hopes that CATS will get changed to a different musical or even comedy shows. 

Ive seen about 5 minutes of CATS when the musical started and I did not like what I saw of the CATS musical so I decided to leave the theater and go somewhere else instead of watching the entire CATS musical.  

I'm concerned that now that Oasis has been involved in this very ugly and certainly very costly mess in dry dock that they may alter the plans for being amped. I have no reason to believe that...just a gut feeling.  I have a feeling Lady O is going to be out of commission for a while....

13 hours ago, Pen said:

Like you I wish RCCI would leak some info on what Oasis is getting once she goes into drydock.  I'd love if she gets Hook'd and El Loco Fresh.  My sister hopes Cats gets changed.  

I will see Cats on dry land next year as a part of our theater season tickets.  I don't know if I want to see it again on Sea.  I saw Chicago recently and it was terrible.  Cats is a show like Chicago where theatre goers swear by.  At least the people I have talked to do that.  I'm worried I will have the same thoughts about Cats.  I would much rather see Grease!

I've seen both Chicago and Cats on board Royal Caribbean ships and they were both - one and done.  I think this is one of the few down sides to Royal Caribbean's "Broadway production" strategy.  While it makes for really GREAT first impressions, they hang on WAAAY too long and people just get tired of having the same show offering over and over again.  I completely understand WHY they have to keep the shows on for so long but it doesn't change the fact that frequent cruisers tire of these same shows. 

...and PLEASE !  NO MORE HAIRSPRAY !  I absolutely despise that show (right along with Mama Mia !).  Why they insisted on putting it on a second ships is BEYOND ridiculous.

I enjoyed Grease although I think it's about run it's course now that it is on 2 ships and I really REALLY like We Will Rock You, which wasn't even a real Broadway production !

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I really REALLY like We Will Rock You, which wasn't even a real Broadway production !

It may not have debuted on Broadway or been performed there at any point, but it's very much the equivalent of a Broadway production; London's West End is Broadway's counterpart across the pond in terms of quality and prestige, and that's where We Will Rock You hails from.

22 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I'm concerned that now that Oasis has been involved in this very ugly and certainly very costly mess in dry dock that they may alter the plans for being amped. I have no reason to believe that...just a gut feeling.  I have a feeling Lady O is going to be out of commission for a while....

Bud, was your cruise cancelled?  I saw they cancelled 3 of them since the accident.  I really hope yours was far enough out that you are still a go.  I have been wondering since it happened.

No to Rocky Horror imo I have not watched it, but from all that I have heard about it, no thanks.  I would like the We Will Rock You, that one sounded interesting.  Jersey Boys I would see one and done.  I wouldn't see Hairspray or Mama Mia.  I recently watch Finding Neverland, and that was pretty good.  Also School of Rock was amazing.   I just don't think they could pull that off and still use kids in those roles.  Both of those were on land to clarify.  As long as the sponge bob production doesn't make its way to the ships, I think I could drink my way through most of what is preformed.

1 hour ago, DublinFC said:

Bud, was your cruise cancelled?  I saw they cancelled 3 of them since the accident.  I really hope yours was far enough out that you are still a go.  I have been wondering since it happened.

No.  I don't sail on O until December.  If they don't have her ready by then, there will be waaay worse things going on than we can even dream of right now !

1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

No.  I don't sail on O until December.  If they don't have her ready by then, there will be waaay worse things going on than we can even dream of right now !

Ohhh I must have misread the dates you were talking about.  Hahaha well I hope those were supposed to sail on her are taken care of.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I'm not on her until January of 2021 so I'm thinking everything should be good by then.

My Wife brought up a point last night about the Star Class cruisers, they may be able to get another cabin but it's highly doubtful that there are any Star Class rooms open anytime soon, if there is any, the price would be astronomical. 

12 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

My Wife brought up a point last night about the Star Class cruisers, they may be able to get another cabin but it's highly doubtful that they are any Star Class rooms open anytime soon, if there is any, the price would be astronomical. 

Very true !  Hopefully they will have those rooms patched up quickly.  It doesn't look like there was any real damage to deck 8....but PLENTY of damage to deck 7.

8 hours ago, tiny260 said:

I'm not on her until January of 2021 so I'm thinking everything should be good by then.

My Wife brought up a point last night about the Star Class cruisers, they may be able to get another cabin but it's highly doubtful that there are any Star Class rooms open anytime soon, if there is any, the price would be astronomical. 

Funny, we’ve been thinking about moving to one of the aquatheatre 2bedrooms for  our November 2020 cruise (in a Grand 2bedroom) and the incident might actually help that. Probably going to have to do more than just cosmetic touches so those will be the newest rooms on the ship. 

3 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

YOLO! Stop thinking! 

And those rooms go fast!!

We got the last of the Deck 12 suites for that sailing. My eight year old is super excited about having “her own” hot tub on the deck. Plus, I’ve shown her how Star Class changes even normally nice Canadians ?

11 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

Funny, we’ve been thinking about moving to one of the aquatheatre 2bedrooms for  our November 2020 cruise (in a Grand 2bedroom) and the incident might actually help that. Probably going to have to do more than just cosmetic touches so those will be the newest rooms on the ship. 

I'm in 9730 for January of 2021, so yes, at least the balcony should be redone.

23 hours ago, DublinFC said:

No to Rocky Horror imo I have not watched it, but from all that I have heard about it, no thanks.  I would like the We Will Rock You, that one sounded interesting.  Jersey Boys I would see one and done.  I wouldn't see Hairspray or Mama Mia.  I recently watch Finding Neverland, and that was pretty good.  Also School of Rock was amazing.   I just don't think they could pull that off and still use kids in those roles.  Both of those were on land to clarify.  As long as the sponge bob production doesn't make its way to the ships, I think I could drink my way through most of what is preformed.

Ok, if Rocky Horror is to risque for you how about Sgt Peppers?

2 hours ago, DublinFC said:

I have never heard of it.  And Rocky Horror just sounded unentertaining from all ive heard about it.

OMG !! I am so sorry that you have not been able to enjoy this wonderful musical.

It starred Susan Sarandon, Barry Bostwik, Tim Curry and Meatloaf to name a few.

I remember seeing it in HS. and I am laughing now because I was thinking about the scene where they throw popcorn at the back row.  I guess everyone that sit in the back didn't have to worry about any popcorn hitting them.  

I thought it was a rite of passage as a HS kid to see that movie.  I don't know anyone in my graduating class that did not see the movie.