RCL app messaging in Vision of the Seas

Hi,

First time here and everything e.g. with the RCL and transatlantic (in three weeks time with Vision of the Seas).

Just wonder if the ship's wifi is free to use with the RCL app for ship's internal customer communication. And how about the app's messaging function between passengers is it free also.

I am thinking of purchasing one vroom an+d stream package for 1 device I.e. shared between two devices as we don't need online all the time while we are crusing. Thanks in advance for your help.

Charles

52 minutes ago, Charlesy said:

Hi,

First time here and everything e.g. with the RCL and transatlantic (in three weeks time with Vision of the Seas).

Just wonder if the ship's wifi is free to use with the RCL app for ship's internal customer communication. And how about the app's messaging function between passengers is it free also.

I am thinking of purchasing one vroom an+d stream package for 1 device I.e. shared between two devices as we don't need online all the time while we are crusing. Thanks in advance for your help.

Charles

I'm not sure if the app is available for Vision yet, but even if it is, the chat feature is only available on a couple of Oasis Class ships at this time.

2 hours ago, Charlesy said:

Hi,

Charles

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I'm not sure if the app is available for Vision yet, but even if it is, the chat feature is only available on a couple of Oasis Class ships at this time.

The app is available for Vision of the Seas. See @Matt's previous posting below:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/01/21/royal-caribbean-expands-new-smartphone-app-vision-of-the-seas

1 hour ago, Charlesy said:

Wow. So in order to communicate with other passengers on-board, everyone need to purchase the wifi package?

Well in order to communicate digitally on your ship, yes. But many people who like to unplug but still communicate will use notes on post-it's in the room, a dry erase board on the door, or predetermined meeting times (ie: let's all meet by the elevators outside the WJ at 12:30 for lunch) as examples of things you can try. There's lots of articles from people online with tips on how to get in touch with other cruisers that don't involve texting or calling.