What replaces Dreamworks content?

EasyE

We'll be on one of the first cruises after RCI phases out the Dreamworks contents.  Is there any word on what will replace it?

I have confidence that it won't impact our kids' experience too much, as long as it doesn't leave a void in the Adventure Ocean programming or activities, for example.  They'll have it figured out ...right?  

Hopefully, your kids will be ok with the characters not being there and they'll have tons of fun without - I know mine would be disappointed if we talked up the chance to meet a specific character and then they pulled the program. However, I didn't think the Dreamworks experiences were really related to the Adventure Ocean program. I don't remember he kids's cruise compasses mentioning it in any of their activities other than maybe a themed parade. There are some of the Adventure Ocean Compasses listed on the site here: http://royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass. Most of the activities are more "generic" fun activities like art, gagaball, Double Dare, etc.

I saw on a FB group for Liberty that they have several Universal stuffed animals in the shops now - specifically someone posted a picture of Secret Life of Pets animals for sale and said there were other Universal character toys. I'm not sure if that is going to be a full blown thing with character breakfast and photos opportunities with the characters like Dreamworks was or if they were just filling gaps in the store with a different movie company's stuffed animals. 

IMO, it's not going to impact our kids' experience at all (10 and 7 year olds). They won't get a character breakfast or get to take pictures with a life size cartoon character, but they want to get done with breakfast as soon as they can to do stuff around the ship anyway and we'll have plenty of other photo opportunities.  I could see how it would be a big impact if say Disney stopped having characters on the ship, but Royal ships weren't saturated in every corner with Dreamworks art, music, etc. 

I saw on a FB group for Liberty that they have several Universal stuffed animals in the shops now - specifically someone posted a picture of Secret Life of Pets animals for sale and said there were other Universal character toys.

...oh no, so you're telling me the ship will be full of Minion characters.  ?

RCCL won't be replacing it with any other "character" appearance that require paying a fee to the studios, but RCCL is starting to do a pirate parade with no specific "character" that is copy written. This way, kiddie cruisers get something and RCCL gets to keep their money and Mom & Dad get to keep paying higher prices for cruises!  ?

29 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

RCCL won't be replacing it with any other "character" appearance that require paying a fee to the studios, but RCCL is starting to do a pirate parade with no specific "character" that is copy written. This way, kiddie cruisers get something and RCCL gets to keep their money and Mom & Dad get to keep paying higher prices for cruises!  ?

My guess is the space those large characters took up in the promenades will be replaced with more SALE tables of junk from china that people go bonkers over.... 

/end sarcasm 

On 3/24/2019 at 11:35 PM, EasyE said:

We'll be on one of the first cruises after RCI phases out the Dreamworks contents.  Is there any word on what will replace it?

I have confidence that it won't impact our kids' experience too much, as long as it doesn't leave a void in the Adventure Ocean programming or activities, for example.  They'll have it figured out ...right?  

RC is not replacing DreamWorks with another partnership. Rather, they are replacing the offerings with their own brand of entertainment. The only exception is there will be no replacement for the character breakfast.