Tropical Wine suggestions?

EasyE

We'll be cruising in the Caribbean soon, and with the drink package.  Although we know we won't need to have wine, I'm anticipating there might be times it'd be nice to have an adult beverage in the room without having to schlep all the way back and wait in a line at a bar just to return to the room again.  

So I'm thinking of bringing our two bottles of wine.  However, we're not huge wine people.  Especially so in the Caribbean, where I'd rather be drinking something more tropical.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a wine (or other drink RCI allows) that would be more tropical than typcial wines?  I've seen some pineapple wine from Maui but haven't been able to find any locally.  Something like that seems ideal.

Any suggestions?

Which state are you in? Or, I guess a better question is which port are you leaving from. I’d imagine availablity varies by region, but I’ve seen some really nice fruity wines in both PA and MD. A lot of times it seems to be more local vinyards that have interesting fruit wines that are basically delicious adult juice. I’d probably start in the local section of whichever liquor store you end up in. 

Just now, EasyE said:

In Washington state, but departing from Ft. Lauderdale.  We could fly with the bottles if needed.

I can't wait to retire to Washington State.  You have THE BEST ciders. Plus most of my friends are already there.  I've wanted to bring cider but I'm sure Royal would think it's beer.

2 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I can't wait to retire to Washington State.  You have THE BEST ciders. Plus most of my friends are already there.  I've wanted to bring cider but I'm sure Royal would think it's beer.

Right, I'm not sure I'd want to risk anything that doesn't call itself a "wine," unless others have specific experience with doing so.

@EasyE I’d personally recommend going into any full liquor or wine store (so not just the wine aisle in the grocery store) and asking the employees to show you where the fruit wine is as what you are looking for would be considered. Here’s the fruit wine selection of a Ft Lauderdale wine store to get you an idea of options to look for. 

52 minutes ago, spiralqueen said:

@EasyE I’d personally recommend going into any full liquor or wine store (so not just the wine aisle in the grocery store) and asking the employees to show you where the fruit wine is as what you are looking for would be considered. Here’s the fruit wine selection of a Ft Lauderdale wine store to get you an idea of options to look for. 

My wife would love all of those Sangria wines... She likes Yago right now..  Thanks for the list,  we have those same shops in Orlando.  And the prices look good too... 

If you are wanting fruity AND sweet,  i also recommend sangrias,  most moscato's, prosecco (it's a sparkling wine) and some rieslings.    if you don't want them so sweet,  but more crisp and fruity stick with pinot g's, sauv blanc and chard.    on a different note, you can't go wrong with most of the fruity, non wine, drinks the bars will serve.    Mojito's are great refreshing drinks that typically top my list throughout the day as well as Lava Flows and Mai Tais!

We're from Washington state, too -- I use the wine bottle "gloves" and pack one bottle in my checked bag on the way to the port, and then bring it on in my carry on.  A lot of our favorite (local) vintages aren't available in the Florida stores -- it's an easy way to make new friends, too :-) .

You could also go to some of the wine store sites (wine.com, totalwine.com, etc.), and look for Florida vintages that seem to be popular -- then go to a Publix or similar store and see if they stock them. The last time we were in Orlando/Daytona, we stopped by some vineyards and had some really nice fruit wines -- the raspberry was particularly good.