Online check-in photo

SLJ

Take your picture at home and upload the photo when you complete online check-in, and then you can save time at the terminal because you would have already taken and uploaded you photo when you had checked in online. 

I took a picture at home and uploaded the photo. By taking a picture and uploading the picture for you and the other people in your party, when you arrive at the cruise terminal you do not have to stand in line to have your picture taken at the check-in counter, a cruise line employee will scan your setsail pass and then you can board the ship.

If you choose to check in online that is where you would upload your picture. None of this is "required" - its a conveninece for you and the cruise line. Checking in online allows you to fill in all of your information, add a credit card if you choose for you on board expenses and a pictire if you want. It does make the check in process shorter for you. Just like online check in for a flight where you can pre print your boarding pass etc. If you choose not to do the online check in all of it can and will be done at the terminal. Make sure you DO print your Set Sail Pass or have a digital copy on your phone (I ususally have both just in case because I like a backup plan)  and bring it with you. It will have your basic information on it and you will use that to check in.

You will see and read varying experiences here because each cruise port and ship seem to have a different process. For example in Bayonne, NJ if you check in online it makes it very easy at the port. You can walk in and find an RC representative holding an iPad and they can check you in completley right inside the door. If you dont check in online then you walk through security and join the line and check in with a representative. Obviously that can take longer. A note on both of these options is that I have never uploaded a picture at home. Even with the iPad option the rep. can take your picture on the spot and you are all set.

So its up to you to decide what you would prefer.

18 minutes ago, whenismynextcruise said:

For example in Bayonne, NJ if you check in online it makes it very easy at the port.

The same is also true for Port Canaveral, select RC terminals at port everglades, port of Tampa and port of Miami.

20 minutes ago, whenismynextcruise said:

If you dont check in online then you walk through security and join the line and check in with a representative.

Even if you checkin online you still have to walk through security, and at different cruise terminals you still have to checkin with a representative. I had to checkin with a representative at the terminal in Port Canaveral even through I had checked in online. 

• 4 weeks later...

You can upload a photo when you log into the site and are able to 'Check-In', about 90 days prior to your cruise.  At the bottom of the screen of info required for each person is the 'Security Photo' section.  Here you can add your photo.  Oh, and if you are using a passport as your travel document, make sure they are close to expiring  ?  they barked at mine which expires right at 6 months after my upcoming cruise

image.png.d305a3b5e64ecfe35fd8dcaf4ee56562.png

image.png.bead4a429a1326b5146a504551e70244.png

13 minutes ago, Poleman88 said:

I recently went from Tampa and I wasn’t even given the option for a photo to be taken while completing the online check in. First time ever.

We haven't uploaded any photos yet during our online check in, seems like that is a new option.  Guess I need to decide what pictures to upload for everyone.  

• 2 years later...
On 4/20/2019 at 7:19 AM, TheHobbys said:

You can upload a photo when you log into the site and are able to 'Check-In', about 90 days prior to your cruise.  At the bottom of the screen of info required for each person is the 'Security Photo' section.  Here you can add your photo.  Oh, and if you are using a passport as your travel document, make sure they are close to expiring  ?  they barked at mine which expires right at 6 months after my upcoming cruise

image.png.d305a3b5e64ecfe35fd8dcaf4ee56562.png

image.png.bead4a429a1326b5146a504551e70244.png

Check in 90 days? Would that be currently with final payment pushed back? I have 92 days till our cruise.

• 4 months later...
On 3/4/2022 at 8:10 PM, Tom L. said:

I can't load my photos into guest information and I'm on an Apple system. Photos will upload elsewhere but not on RC.

I am attempting to upload my photos using my iphone but the RC system won't take it.  Tells me the photo does not meet minimum pixel requirement....at this point I am at a loss.

To me this all depends on how fast you get on the ship when at the port.  We uploaded ours prior (which was quick) along with all of our documents.  When we arrived at the port we had our documents readily available for the agent to confirm they are the same.  We got on the ship very quickly at that point.  Please not (and you probably know this) that the cruise will need a picture regardless.  So if you prefer they will take the picture at the port while you are being processed.  Still does not take long but just a little bit longer.

Happy sailing.

16 hours ago, garbs65 said:

I am attempting to upload my photos using my iphone but the RC system won't take it.  Tells me the photo does not meet minimum pixel requirement....at this point I am at a loss.

If you have the app on your phone you can open the app, 
Click on Travel info
and you will see "snap a security photo"-you essentially take a selfie and it automatically loads.  No worry about pixels or if your head fits the box.
If you cannot get the photo piece to work they can do it at the pier.  I know on a recent cruise they had issues with their system at pier check in and head to redo everyone's photo (very odd occurrence) and even then, when my son was disembarking at the port his photo did not pop up so they had to take another one (on the spot).