VOOM SURF Voyage Package - 3 Devices - are prices this high really?

Ashmai

When I choose a 3 person SURF package it asks who to select from our party of 4. The price on the page shows 22.99 per day per adult, which is like $482 for a week to send texts to each other!? We are using the package mainly to communicate with the kiddos while on board. Is this price accurate? nearly $500 dollars to use 3 cell phones?

4 minutes ago, Ashmai said:

When I choose a 3 person SURF package it asks who to select from our party of 4. The price on the page shows 22.99 per day per adult, which is like $482 for a week to send texts to each other!? We are using the package mainly to communicate with the kiddos while on board. Is this price accurate? nearly $500 dollars to use 3 cell phones?

Yes.  That is accurate

1 minute ago, Ashmai said:

OMG.. Looks like we will be going dark on this trip LOL, thats SO HIGH to pay for cell. Mind = Blown

If you can get the Key for your sailing that would be the better deal per device and potentially per person.  Some sailings have the key for as low as $19 per person per day.  More perks than just internet access.  But you have to buy for everyone in cabin over the age of 6.

So that's a little tricky on the website.  If the price for the 3 device package is $22.99 per day, you only need to select ONE person when you are purchasing.  The total should be closer to $160 for the cruise.  If you're selecting 3 out of the 4 people, that's a total of 9 devices you're paying for.  Basically, you are saying that you want 3 people to have 3 devices.  

When you get on board you will be given either one code that allows 3 simultaneous devices, or 3 codes... I forget which, but it doesn't matter who the code is associated with - with that package, 3 devices can be logged in at the same time.  If you want to change devices, simply log out of one and log in with the new device.

Hope that makes sense!

1 minute ago, firebuck said:

So that's a little tricky on the website.  If the price for the 3 device package is $22.99 per day, you only need to select ONE person when you are purchasing.  The total should be closer to $160 for the cruise.  If you're selecting 3 out of the 4 people, that's a total of 9 devices you're paying for.  Basically, you are saying that you want 3 people to have 3 devices.  Hope that makes sense!

@Ashmai

What @firebuck said is very true.  I misread your initial post. Not as bad on the cost if you think of it that way.  Also, check about the key.  It may be worth it if you can get it.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-the-key-program

5 minutes ago, firebuck said:

So that's a little tricky on the website.  If the price for the 3 device package is $22.99 per day, you only need to select ONE person when you are purchasing.  The total should be closer to $160 for the cruise.  If you're selecting 3 out of the 4 people, that's a total of 9 devices you're paying for.  Basically, you are saying that you want 3 people to have 3 devices.  

When you get on board you will be given either one code that allows 3 simultaneous devices, or 3 codes... I forget which, but it doesn't matter who the code is associated with - with that package, 3 devices can be logged in at the same time.  If you want to change devices, simply log out of one and log in with the new device.

Hope that makes sense!

Ok... That is MUCH better, I can swallow that. Thank you for clarifying!