New unlimited alcohol packages?

Matt

Word on the street is Royal Caribbean is going to announce some new unlimited alcohol packages and make changes to the current ones. Details: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2013/11/13/rumor-royal-caribbean-offer-new-unlimited-alcohol-packages-november-15

Changes look good to me, what do you all think about it?  More or less likely to buy it now?

It's official: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2013/11/15/royal-caribbean-officially-launches-new-unlimited-alcohol-packages

I have to give kudos to Royal Caribbean for not only rolling out more packages but adding extra benefits to the old packages and keeping the price point.  Well done

• 3 weeks later...

Any idea about redbull/energy drinks?

I know someone asked somwhere, but not sure if there was an offical reply.

If everything else is included, i can't see why these wouldnt be?!

But I have learned to never "assume" anything in life.....lol

I believe it is included but I haven't independently verified it

Still not available to be booked as of this morning.....grrr.

It now shows them, but each time I try to book them, it tells me they are not available for my trip.

Still some wrinkles to be ironed out I guess.

But they better get them done soon, as my next cruise is in 27 days and I think you have to have your package pre-booked and paid for at least 5 days before the cruise?!

Still not available to be booked as of this morning.....grrr.

Have you tried calling?

Worst case scenario is you buy it onboard the ship.  I know you'd probably prefer to pay it off sooner and spend less time onboard buying drink packages but I wouldn't abandon all hope.

I'm debating buying the plan on my upcoming cruise now that not every adult needs to buy it.

yeah,. it's a great deal and a no brainer for me.

Worse case is I will call and do it that way, was hoping to be able to simply do it online.

I just hate the line-ups for it. Last time, it took quite awhile, the line ups were long. But it was a fairly new concept at that time I think so perhaps more people were not aware of it until on the ship.

I just hate the line-ups for it. Last time, it took quite awhile, the line ups were long. But it was a fairly new concept at that time I think so perhaps more people were not aware of it until on the ship.

I agree about the lines.  I'd try calling and ordering (or calling your TA if you booked with one) because you should be able to get the package that way too.

Just an update, its now available to be booked online, and can also be booked without the other person in the cabin as well.

Defn a great move by RCI!

I'm interested to hear when you get back what you thought of the package and if you thought it was a money-saving proposition.

Also, which package did you book?

• 5 months later...

I am interested in this one now that everyone doesn't have to buy the same package. My wife to be would be happy with only the soda package. I am thinking about the select package. Can anyone tell me the selection of beers that would be included. Also what is the average price of a beer once on the ship. I am on the Navigator by the way.

Thanks,

From the Allure back in March I have the following:

Amstel Light $4.75

Bud Light $5.25

Budweiser $5.25

Coors Light $4.25

Corona Extra $4.75

Dos Equis $4.75

Fosters Oil Can - Not include in packages $6.95

Grolsch Premium Lager $6.75

Heineken $4.75

Heineken Light $4.75

Kirin Light $4.75

Michelob Ultra $5.25

Miller Genuine Draft $4.25

Miller Lite $4.25

Peroni $4.75

Red Stripe $4.75

Beck's $4.75

Carlsberg $4.75

Harp Lager $5.75

Pilsner Urquell $4.75

Sam Adams $4.75

Spaten $5.25

Stella Artois $4.75

Bass Ale $5.75

Boddington Pub Ale - Not included in packages $5.95

Redhook Long Hammer IPA - Not included in packages $6.25

Sierra Nevada $5.75

Widmer Hefeweizen - Not included in packages $6.25

Guiness Draft - Not included in packages $5.95

Murphy's Stout - Not included in packages $5.95

Newcastle Brown Ale $5.75

Sam Adams Double Bock - Not included in packages $6.50

Blue Moon $4.75

Chimay Blue - Not included in packages $19.95

Hoegarden $5.75

Leffe $5.75

Sam Adams Imperial white - Not included in packages $6.50

Smirnoff Ice $4.75

Strongbow $5.75

Buckler $4.25

O'Douls $4.25

The exclusions annoy me, you have some beers that cost $6.75 that are included and others that cost $5.95 that aren't. I guess its too try and limit how much of the "rarer" stuff people go through but it annoys me that I can drink all the Grolsch I want that would normally cost $6.75 but I cant get a Sam Adams White at all (just to try it).

Just want to make sure, if 1 person gets the package dso does everyone else in your stateroom?

No only one person has to get it, but if you buy the package for only one person and you use it to give someone in your stateroom a drink and royal caribbean catches you they will suspend your package with no refund. 

Just want to make sure, if 1 person gets the package dso does everyone else in your stateroom?

Not any more.  It used to require all adults but now anyone can get any package and it doesn't matter who else is in your room.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Pricing changes - prices no longer include gratutity but the gratuity is automatically added, so in essence the prices are understated by 15%.

No longer required for all adults in the cabin to buy the package, you can pick and choose.

Probably nothing else and those may not be new to you either depending on how long you have been around for.

• 1 month later...

There is no requirement that all in the cabin purchase the package. However, it's also not intended to be shared. I actually applaud Royal to not making couples buy the package together especially when one may not be much of a drinker.

So they removed the "grat" from the base price which resulted in a slightly higher cost once it was added back on.

Now they raised the "grat" by 3%.....so essentially 2 rate increases on the drink packages in the past couple months?

Am I correct?

And yet in the UK, they are thowing that in for free?....so like $1000 freebie for UK cruise customers, but not North American.

Am i missing somthing here??

Havent checked UK rates but I am sure they jacked up the base rates to offset the same way they jacked up the base rates so that the BOGOHO deal brings it back to the exact same price as it was before the sale.

Rumors are that the sale starting mid-Feb will have a free drinks offer built into it, be curious to see if prices rise just in time for that "discount" ....