Refreshment package on HOS

MicDay

Husband brought up a good question.

All four of us have the refreshment package (me. husband and two twenty year olds)

How do we know what is "covered"

I see the list, so does that mean everything is covered unless it has alcohol in it or Starbucks or can soda ?

Just don't want surprise charges if I'm already paid for a package.

Also, we pre-paid the gratuities for the drinks, do you still cash tip the bartenders?

Hi there - you're spot on about the refreshment package.  It does include pretty much anything that isn't alcoholic.  Starbucks coffee (as long as it isn't a freestanding kiosk), soda, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, virgin cocktails, you name it!  Most ships even include Johnny Rocket's milkshakes, but there has been some discrepancy about that lately...

Your refreshment packages include gratuities in the price, but if you receive really great service, the bartenders really do appreciate the extra cash.

Hi firebuck, can you explain more about “Starbucks coffee as long it isn’t a freestanding kiosk”.  Are there kiosks that I can get coffee? First sailing on HOTS in June and want to be sure where I can grab my fastest paid for coffee in the am (in my PJ’s not)haha Thank you

Just now, RTripp said:

Hi firebuck, can you explain more about “Starbucks coffee as long it isn’t a freestanding kiosk”.  Are there kiosks that I can get coffee? First sailing on HOTS in June and want to be sure where I can grab my fastest paid for coffee in the am (in my PJ’s not)haha Thank you

A kiosk is considered an actual location that is branded as Starbucks.  They will take the Starbucks app and gift cards as payments, even.  Coffees at those locations are NOT included.   Some ships, such as Anthem, use Starbucks brand coffee at their specialty coffee shops and those would be included.  I don't believe this is the case for Harmony that they use Starbucks.

There should be specialty coffee locations available that offer espresso based drinks and blended frozen coffee drinks and the like.  I'm not familiar with Harmony, but I know these were available at Cafe Promenade on Symphony.  Most of these use either Seattles Best or Illy brand coffee.  That's where you would get the specialty coffee drinks included with the refreshment package.  You should also be able to order cappuccinos, lattes, and espresso in the dining room and specialty restaurants as well.

12 minutes ago, RTripp said:

@AshleyDillo is exactly right.  Harmony is part of the Oasis class of ships which have the freestanding Starbucks kiosks (there is only one, and it's on the promenade deck)- pretty much exactly like a Starbucks kiosk in a mall where they would have all the drinks as well as some of the food and cake pops, etc.  These Starbucks kiosk locations aren't included in any package, unfortunately.  

You can get some really good stuff in the Cafe promenade that is included in the refreshment and deluxe packages. If I'm not mistaken, the only "paid" coffee places onboard Harmony are the Starbucks and Cafe Promenade (both on the same deck) and also Park Cafe in Central Park.  You can also find complimentary coffee (swill lol) in other venues such as the main dining room, Windjammer buffet and at Cafe Promenade and Central Park Cafe.