Allure of the seas - getting ultimate abyss slides?

I was all set on booking a Boardwalk balcony cabin 10729 on Allure of the seas for September 2020.  Then i found out it is going into dry dock earlier in 2020 for upgrades.

Does anyone know the likelihood of it receiving the ultimate abyss slides at the rear of the boardwalk?  Would wreck the view from 10729.

Welcome to the message boards!

No official word so that leaves folks like us to speculate.  Oasis is going in for refurshbishmvnt later this year and they haven't said anything about Oasis yet.

Many people seem to think that both will get the Ultimate Abyss.  The truth is we don't know.  

Agree the Abyss ruins the aft views from boardwalk balconies.  

Agree with @twangster that no one really knows. However, last week on HM, while speaking to some long time crew members, they all seemed to indicate that OA and AL will be made to receive the same amenities that HM and SY have (including the slides). Then Oasis 5&6 will be a bit different from the other 4. But all speculation at this point.

15 hours ago, jamespb78 said:

Thanks for the replies.

I rang Royal Caribbean, and the person I spoke to seemed fairly confident that Allure will be getting the abyss slide at the 2020 dry dock.

I’m sure there are employees “in the know” as it’s a large scale most likely 8 or 9 figure project but it’s hard to imagine the customer service agent is keyed into a public companies future plans. Not sure they would be the best representation. 

We were looking at Allure around the first of April 2020 for a western carribean 7 night but it disappeared from the website.   We talked to Royal Caribbean and they said it was unable to be booked that week but they weren't sure why.   Either it got chartered of thats when its going in for work before getting repositioned.  Maybe thats when (and if) it will get the slides.