What happens when prices drop on ship activities already purchased?

Ashmai

Hello!

I bought a lot of my ship activities / services pretty early *blush, I was excited!* and since I keep seeing discounts being offered. For instance, the 3 dining package was 99 a person when I purchased, now it shows "Up to 50% off!" when I'm browsing the Cruise Planner. Do they credit the difference back or should I cancel and re-book at the cheaper prices?

Thanks ?

EDIT : Looks like I'll be putting together a Python script that can scrape this site a couple times a day and report back to me when prices drop so I don't have to quite my job to keep an eye on these daily fluctuations! Thanks everyone for the help!

Edited by Ashmai
added my findings

2 hours ago, Ashmai said:

Hello!

I bought a lot of my ship activities / services pretty early *blush, I was excited!* and since I keep seeing discounts being offered. For instance, the 3 dining package was 99 a person when I purchased, now it shows "Up to 50% off!" when I'm browsing the Cruise Planner. Do they credit the difference back or should I cancel and re-book at the cheaper prices?

Thanks ?

Royal Caribbean does not automatically refund or credit you the price difference on the items you purchased If the items that you brought beforeare cheaper now then when they were purchased. I would cancel and rebook at the lower price. 

You can cancel items that you purchased in your cruise planner and rebook if the price is cheaper and you can purchase other services/packages until 3 days before your cruise. 

A month ago I purchased some cruise planner items before they were on sale and last week I noticed that some of the items I had previously purchased were now on sale for up to 50% off, so I had cancelled those items and I had repurchased them at the lower price.

No issue , Almost everyone doing it here all the time , just cancel your order (go to cruise planner , order history , your order , cancel) and book it again , 

The only things you need to remember , it will  takes several days + for royal to give you back the money to the CC .

3 hours ago, Ashmai said:

Hello!

Thanks ?

You can cancel and rebook any cruise planner purchases multiple times to take advantage of any sales.

However, always look at the bottom line and not the percentage discount because that is usually off the on board prices which tend to be higher than cruise planner prices.

That said, you can sometimes snag a really good deal (on our last cruise I managed to get the BOGO dining package at a price that worked out to $15 per person per meal) but you need to be vigilant (read "obsessive"), checking your cruise planner every day and keeping track of prices so that you will be able to recognise a genuine sale when one crops up. 

5 hours ago, Ashmai said:

Hello!

Thanks ?

Others have already covered being able to cancel and rebook and @FionaMG covered looking at the bottom line which I was going to bring up, but I want to clarify that the price displayed in the cruise planner already reflects whatever percentage off they are claiming in the graphic. It isn’t some “discount applied at check out” scenario. And those percentages off sometimes involve some.....creative math on Royal’s part. Very often it’s percentage off the onboard price.  

Also don’t blush for booking things early! Honestly, it was smart IMO. You will see time and time again on here that people advocate booking early at a price you are comfortable with and checking back often for price drops. Hell, I have a Coco Cay cabana booked for May 2020 rn. I fully plan on probably dropping it depending on what happens, but I locked in a price I wouldn’t mind paying just in case anything happens. 

Hello, I had a refund/re-purchase show the same day. Also,  on the first purchase I had used an onboard credit, then did a refund so that on the second purchase I re-used the onboard credit and got the second purchase at the lower rate. I called Customer Service to assist with is just in case it was the last one & I somehow lost it. One phone call & everything showed fine on my cc billing.